Photo
- - - - -

I just spent the last hour calculating how many people are in hell according to establishment christian theology

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#106 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

Why does god always have to be a he?

He is also a gender neutral term. If you are referring to a person who has no gender, you would use he in reference to that person. God is not a man (though He became a man in Jesus) or a woman, so God is gender neutral.

#107 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I still have yet to hear an explanation on how modern religious folk can just disregard cultures that predate the ones that created their religions by thousands of years.

Also, how modern religions explain that every single story in their dogma is plagiarized from earlier written works from other cultures.

#108 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

What was the point in the first post? If one billion people are in Hell, it's because that is what they desired. Hell is seperation from God, it's the only place where you can truly be seperate from Him. If you don't want to have relationship with Him, that is where you would want to go.

Posted Image

#109 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

We are not as God created us. That is where people make their first mistake.

#110 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

then god is not an omnipotent being if it cannot create something the way it intended

#111 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

then god is not an omnipotent being if it cannot create something the way it intended

Man had the freedom to be as God created him, or to go his own way. We have the choice even now.

#112 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Except if he chooses that you be born in the Amazon to a tribe who has never heard of Christianity, you're pretty much fuged right out of the gate.

#113 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Except if he chooses that you be born in the Amazon to a tribe who has never heard of Christianity, you're pretty much fuged right out of the gate.

Go back and read my first post in this thread, near the bottom of page six.

#114 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Go back and read my first post in this thread, near the bottom of page six.

If that were the case why would a christian spread their religious beliefs it at all? Seems like unnecessary burden to me. One with potentially terrible side effects.

#115 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

If that were the case why would a christian spread their religious beliefs it at all? Seems like unnecessary burden to me. One with potentially terrible side effects.

We spread the teachings to set people free. Haven't you heard, Jesus went about healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, and setting people free. Salvation means more than just going to Heaven. It means being whole, being saved in every aspect. With this message, you can change the whole world. Just look around you, look at human trafficking, look at how many people are murdered on a daily basis. There are a lot of people, the whole world who needs salvation.

#116 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

We spread the teachings to set people free. Haven't you heard, Jesus went about healing the sick, giving sight to the blind, and setting people free. Salvation means more than just going to Heaven. It means being whole, being saved in every aspect. With this message, you can change the whole world. Just look around you, look at human trafficking, look at how many people are murdered on a daily basis. There are a lot of people, the whole world who needs salvation.

Hmm despite what you say this salvation seems more like a threat of eternal violence to me. Do what I say or else.

#117 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hmm despite what you say this salvation seems more like a threat of eternal violence to me. Do what I say or else.

Of course there is a lot of wrong teaching in the church. All this stuff about Jesus, it's simply a restoration of what was lost. So to get to the root of it, if Genesis didn't happen, then all of this stuff is a bunch of, stuff.

#118 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Of course there is a lot of wrong teaching in the church. All this stuff about Jesus, it's simply a restoration of what was lost. So to get to the root of it, if Genesis didn't happen, then all of this stuff is a bunch of, stuff.

The evidence for Genesis being any sort of literal truth seems non existent knowing what we do about, just for one instance, the age of the planet.

#119 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

If there was a God, would his existence depend on our approval?

Quite possibly. The confirmable aspects of gods are rather limited from an observable knowledge standpoint.

#120 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

The evidence for Genesis being any sort of literal truth seems non existent knowing what we do about, just for one instance, the age of the planet.

We'll see about that one. Two things about this that I'm looking at. One, we don't have a full understanding of everything that has been in the past. Of course we can look today, but a lot of our science is based on what we observe today. Our view of the past is based on what we see today. There's a 1,000% chance there are things that are not there anymore, that we can't observe. Secondly, our view of Genesis is not accurate to what the Bible says. I mentioned a couple of things before concerning Genesis, and athiests looked at me like I'm making things up just to suit what I'm saying. I'm of the belief that Genesis couldn't even been examined until we had our scientific knowledge that we have today. So that is what I want to do, look at Genesis in light of our science, our observations. If I'm successful, or if I'm right about Genesis being literal, the kind of scientific discoveries that I make from my studies, should exceed what we currently have. Perhaps finding the "Theory of Everything" or something along those lines.

We'll see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.