Photo
- - - - -

I just spent the last hour calculating how many people are in hell according to establishment christian theology

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

We'll see about that one. Two things about this that I'm looking at. One, we don't have a full understanding of everything that has been in the past. Of course we can look today, but a lot of our science is based on what we observe today. Our view of the past is based on what we see today. There's a 1,000% chance there are things that are not there anymore, that we can't observe. Secondly, our view of Genesis is not accurate to what the Bible says. I mentioned a couple of things before concerning Genesis, and athiests looked at me like I'm making things up just to suit what I'm saying. I'm of the belief that Genesis couldn't even been examined until we had our scientific knowledge that we have today. So that is what I want to do, look at Genesis in light of our science, our observations. If I'm successful, or if I'm right about Genesis being literal, the kind of scientific discoveries that I make from my studies, should exceed what we currently have. Perhaps finding the "Theory of Everything" or something along those lines.

We'll see.

Actually you would be mistaken about your 1000% chance. See relativity. What is time?

#122 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,503 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

The mental gymnastics necessary to be religious and scientific are really inspiring.

Moreso than the religion itself, actually.

#123 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

The mental gymnastics necessary to be religious and scientific are really inspiring.

Speaking of combining Science and Religion did any else read about Pat Robertson and William Lane Craig coming out against Young Earth Creationist. Better late than never.

#124 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,482 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

polkinghorne has a fascinating book on this topic that's worth a read

Speaking of combining Science and Religion did any else read about Pat Robertson and William Lane Craig coming out against Young Earth Creationist. Better late than never.

i'd heard about pat robertson but not WLC. that's a huge departure for both of them, and especially WLC since he's been so heavily involved in literal interpretation apologetics. but that's where things are headed, honestly. british theologians by and large have for decades been stumped by the american schools of thought that insist on arguing for young earth creationism

edit: ken ham blew his lid when robertson said that. when you've got mainstream christian voices telling you that pat robertson is a force of liberalism trying to drive america to hell you know there's a pretty scary problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com