Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Once Gamble is Cut, Cornerback Becomes Our Biggest Need

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Who is our undertackle? Our RG? Dockery was not that bad. We need to address CB, no doubt. But the draft seems to be shaping up to take one in the second round.

Posted

Agreed on DL and OL, but I would put CB (or even FS) as a higher priority than WR. I guess I just don't have the same faith that Dockery, Norman and Thomas can step up.

Steve Smith's replacements < Chris Gamble's replacements

That is why I put WR ahead of CB. But I do feel that OL and DT are the most important right now, but I like how Gettleman says drafting for need gets you in trouble. The thing is we have a whole lot of needs, especially future needs that will develop once we cut guys to get under the cap. But protecting Cam, beefing up the DL and getting Cam some weapons are the most important right now.

Do you feel LaFell, Gettis, Murphy, Pilares and Adams is a quality WR line up gong into next year?

I dont, but I think at least Thomas, Dockery and Norman can be serviceable at worse going into next year while we address DT, OL and WR with our 1st 3 picks this year.

Posted

Don't fear the reaper guys. Gamble served us well.

Posted

Yup! But we'll get a Vet CB on a 1yr deal (Cason, McKelvin, Jenkins, etc).

Posted

Yup! But we'll get a Vet CB on a 1yr deal (Cason, McKelvin, Jenkins, etc).

I also would keep an eye out for a signing like Zack Bowman from the Bears he's an UFA. I live in Indiana and a lot of Bears fans were really high on him becomming a good starter but it seems he was buried on the depth chart. He had a good season in '09 when he got some fairly decent playing time he's only 28 6'1 I'm sure he wouldn't cost very much and we do a lot of transactions with the Bears although we really aren't dealing with the bears organization in this scenario.

Posted

I also would keep an eye out for a signing like Zack Bowman from the Bears he's an UFA. I live in Indiana and a lot of Bears fans were really high on him becomming a good starter but it seems he was buried on the depth chart. He had a good season in '09 when he got some fairly decent playing time he's only 28 6'1 I'm sure he wouldn't cost very much and we do a lot of transactions with the Bears although we really aren't dealing with the bears organization in this scenario.

Love to have Bowman.

Posted

gamble is a player we can move away from and barely notice. he's not a difference maker. we're not any better or worse of because of him being on or off the field.

it's not any more of a need than it was before.

Agreed... People will always bring up the Chiefs game but they don't realize that that's the game after Big Ron went on IR so our DLine wasn't as strong (and Fua was the fuggin starting NT) and we started Nakamura throughout 7 games as soon as Martin/Campbell the safety play was better

CB isn't the top need (1. NT, 2.RG)

Posted

IMO, wide receiver is the biggest need right now. Our best is getting old in NFL years, and while still very good, he is not the deep threat he once was. We really need someone who can stretch the field.

Posted

Gamble is the Nick Esasky of this team.

Posted

I think DB becomes second most important after Oline. DT is next unless Edwards comes back, if he does then it's WR.

Posted

Steve Smith's replacements < Chris Gamble's replacements

That is why I put WR ahead of CB. But I do feel that OL and DT are the most important right now, but I like how Gettleman says drafting for need gets you in trouble. The thing is we have a whole lot of needs, especially future needs that will develop once we cut guys to get under the cap. But protecting Cam, beefing up the DL and getting Cam some weapons are the most important right now.

Do you feel LaFell, Gettis, Murphy, Pilares and Adams is a quality WR line up gong into next year?

I dont, but I think at least Thomas, Dockery and Norman can be serviceable at worse going into next year while we address DT, OL and WR with our 1st 3 picks this year.

I feel way more comfortable with the WR corp then the CB corp.

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed... People will always bring up the Chiefs game but they don't realize that that's the game after Big Ron went on IR so our DLine wasn't as strong (and Fua was the fuggin starting NT) and we started Nakamura throughout 7 games as soon as Martin/Campbell the safety play was better

CB isn't the top need (1. NT, 2.RG)

The WR played better as the Play calling got better and the Oline jelled. But nobody talks about that.