Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CCS' timestamp='1361758714' post='2143688']
I can't wait until when 20 years from now people start wearing retro bobcats gear and some douche starts a movement to COME BACK CATS
[/quote]
Difference between the Bobcats and the Hornets is the Hornets actually have history where as the Bobcats are just meh...

I see what you're saying though even if I want the Hornets back in Charlotte

Posted · Report post

Considering currently the bobcats only average just over 7000 on tv viewership (partially due to crappy contracts) and are dead last in merchandise sales. I don't see how a name change could hurt even without the history.

Posted · Report post

MJ could wait til 2014 but what if charlotte isnt the only franchise looking at obtaining the Hornets name. Stranger poo has happened.

Posted · Report post

In his fan Q&A on the Bobcats' website, Jordan said they're making every effort to explore rebranding possibilities. He said many people told him they want the Hornets name back, while a good number wanted to keep the bobcats and some "even wanted us to be named something other than Hornets or Bobcats."

I have difficulty believing this. No link, too tired to look for it but a quick trip to nba.com/bobcats will get you to "Chairman's Corner," where it's included.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Third Degree' timestamp='1361912933' post='2145522']
In his fan Q&A on the Bobcats' website, Jordan said they're making every effort to explore rebranding possibilities. He said many people told him they want the Hornets name back, while a good number wanted to keep the bobcats and some "even wanted us to be named something other than Hornets or Bobcats."

I have difficulty believing this. No link, too tired to look for it but a quick trip to nba.com/bobcats will get you to "Chairman's Corner," where it's included.
[/quote]

I also have difficulty believing this. From what I've seen/heard the number of people wanting the name Hornets is at least 10 - 1 outnumbering the pro B**cats people.

Posted · Report post

Hornets!!!!!!!