Photo
- - - - -

A little clarification on the DW situation, cut designations, and how it affects the cap

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

sorry you couldn't come up with anything logical to contribute to the thread. would be happy to have you back posting in here once you smarten up and stop complaining about personal attacks when you constantly subversively insult people on here, but in the meantime, can you erase all the garbage you posted so it doesn't pollute my thread any longer?

Your thread?? That is funny. CRA has taken over your thread and made you an afterthought. As for the personal attacks, I don't usually go there because I have found when you trade insults with someone else it cheapens you as well as them. I do admit that some folks like you do sometime bring out the worse in me. Doesn't make it right but it happens. Sorry if it hit close to home. If not, then just ignore it like I do most of what you post.

#62 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

so much for "moving on" less than 15 minutes later

#63 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

so much for "moving on" less than 15 minutes later

So do you want a cookie because you are very good at being a troll?

#64 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

cookie? no....

Just follow through on what you post. If you're moving on then you're moving on. If you're moving on and then minutes later reply because something I wrote sticks in your craw then you just prove how sensitive you are.

you like to think you're so smart, but you fall for the most textbook of tricks

#65 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

cookie? no....

Just follow through on what you post. If you're moving on then you're moving on. If you're moving on and then minutes later reply because something I wrote sticks in your craw then you just prove how sensitive you are.

you like to think you're so smart, but you fall for the most textbook of tricks

So you like to manipulate and trick people into responding to your troll posts. Congratulations, you have no life and I apparently don't either because I responded. Still someone who spends time trying to bait others is pretty pathetic in my opinion.

#66 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

I'm feeling really compelled to search pot kettle on google images, but I won't lest I be accused of p55 for having no life

must....resist...urge...to...troll

#67 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Why would he restructure? Because he can't get close to what we are going to give him elsewhere. Remember that the majority of his salary including all the guaranteed money has already been paid although it hasn't been recouped. So the 9.6 million in dead cap space has already been paid to him. He is getting 4.8 million in real money this year, 5 million next year for example. No one is going to give him a big payday. There are too many backs out there. Bradshaw, Turner and several others are out there. As for being creative, it is really about working with him to keep him here. If he wants to go elsewhere it won't be a catastrophe. But I think he will be more than willing to restructure.

The point is NOT if he can get $4.75M elsewhere. As you say he probably wont, but given looking at Forte (7.5 a year), McFadden (almost 6) and Johnson (10!!) signings. I think a 3-4M contract is very possible (especially as he will not cost anything in a trade if he is cut).

The point is that 9,6M in dead cap. You do not build a winner by wasting that kind of cap space getting nothing in return when you are already in cap trouble.

If we had a lot of cap to use, yes he would be long gone.

And I know he is payed the bonus already.

And as I say, next year we the dead cap hit at "only" 6.4M and have to pay him 5.75M, he is gone.

#68 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

If he is a June 1 cut he creates 3.4 mill. You certainly can find a quality player for that.

That only leave the little problem that we get a $6.4M hit next year.

We are not "one last run" mode. Creating a larger problem next year is not a good solution.

#69 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,099 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

That only leave the little problem that we get a $6.4M hit next year.

We are not "one last run" mode. Creating a larger problem next year is not a good solution.

still creates cap room next year....

Gonna have to eat money on some of the contracts to be good while working out of the Hurney mess....

#70 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

still creates cap room next year....

Gonna have to eat money on some of the contracts to be good while working out of the Hurney mess....

No, we get the same $6.4M hit if we cut him (that we will). Only with the option of spreading some of that to 2015.

Lets agree we are in a Hurney mess and move on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.