#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,796 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

We are not drafting Austin, panthers need to get bigger and faster at receiver. Not smaller, we have already got smaller fast receivers that can develop.

THIS!
As much as I love Austin, we ain't taking him.

#17 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Realistic you are right, by the time we get to the 44th pick a lot of the good wr's will be gone. The top 7 should be gone specially if there is a run on wr's before our pick. Of the once listed on the bottom Bailey and Wheaton would be the only 2 I would think at 44. Goodwin is a track star not a good wr.

#18 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Realistic you are right, by the time we get to the 44th pick a lot of the good wr's will be gone. The top 7 should be gone specially if there is a run on wr's before our pick. Of the once listed on the bottom Bailey and Wheaton would be the only 2 I would think at 44. Goodwin is a track star not a good wr.

Yep, we are definitely in the same line of thinking here.

5 wideouts went between 14 & 44 last year and that was a poor draft at the position: Wright, AJ Jenkins, Quick, Hill, Jeffery. Yikes. The names people keep throwing around for R2 could very well be mia by the time we go.

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yep, we are definitely in the same line of thinking here.

5 wideouts went between 14 & 44 last year and that was a poor draft at the position: Wright, AJ Jenkins, Quick, Hill, Jeffery. Yikes. The names people keep throwing around for R2 could very well be mia by the time we go.

Good thing is if there is a run on Wr's in the late first then a lot of talented people will drop down into the 2nd. Would be tempting to move up for a talented player that slipped.

#20 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,135 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

yeah love goodwin but only would take him if i was set at the wr position or if i got two wr....which the panthers aint doing. but he should be there

realistically these few guys might be there at 44 too..

darick rodgers

kenny stills

tavarress king

ryan swope

corey fuller

robert woods

cobi hamilton

stedman bailey

aaron dobson

i like king and rodgers the most.....

#21 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I wouldnt mind Ryan swope in the 4th if he there if all those guys are gone. He ran a 4.3 and would be an immediate upgrade in the slot

#22 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

DeAndre Hawkins in rd2 would make me poo my pants. I also like Da'Rick Rodgers there too... either of them, I would love to have at #44

#23 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

The way I see us drafting is the following.

1st BPA
2nd WR
4th CB/S/OG (most likely og)

#24 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,520 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

stills and woods if there is a run on WRs.

#25 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,796 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

DeAndre Hawkins in rd2 would make me poo my pants. I also like Da'Rick Rodgers there too... either of them, I would love to have at #44

I have seen "Stadman", "Corradell" and now "Hawkins". Who's all these guys I never heard of before

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,796 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

The way I see us drafting is the following.

1st BPA
2nd WR
4th CB/S/OG (most likely og)

Agree.
(2) could be WR or TE based on TD guys

#27 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

None of the WR stand out to me this year. I really wouldn't feel bad if we don't address until the later rounds. They all have question marks in my opinion

#28 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,520 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

None of the WR stand out to me this year. I really wouldn't feel bad if we don't address until the later rounds. They all have question marks in my opinion

what prospect coming out of college doesnt have question marks. this WR class is decent and you have several guys who can translate to being #1s or 2s.

#29 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Rodgers in the 3rd tier? He is arguably the most complete wr in the draft. Only thing keeping him being the 1st WR was / is off the field issues.

Personally id be happy with Rodgers, Hopkins, or Patton in the 2nd. Wouldnt mind Rambo as well.

There is so many directions to go in the 1st and 2nd round.

#30 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Yep, the 2nd round is wide open in my opinion. In the first, I believe there's really only a few candidates that might be available and should seriously be considered: Hankins, Richardson, Warmack, L. Johnson, Patterson, Vaccaro, and now Star might actually slip to us (considerability obviously dependent on the outcome of the medical issues) and maybe J. Williams.

But in the second there are tons of high potential guys at positions of need for us: Hunter, Hopkins, Patton, Rogers, Woods, Rambo, Barrett Jones, Warford, Sylvester Williams, that big DT from that small school (Brandon Williams I think?), Menelik Watson (or something like that), Terron Armstead made a strong case for reaching the 2nd round, Fluker, Trufant, Rhodes, Long, Amerson, those are all guys I'd be happy with, as long as it makes sense with what we took in the 1st. This is probably the first year where I'm quite certain we'll take a guy in the 2nd I'm happy with. This whole draft, not just the WR class, is pretty 2nd round heavy but 1st round light.

My ideal outcome is getting Star (with the medical questions answered) or Hankins in the 1st and Hunter in the 2nd. Or Patterson in the 1st and S. Williams or Rambo in the 2nd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.