Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tavon Austin = Percy Harvin

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I say roll the dice on austin. We ve lacked great team speed for a while and having an elite guy who can make defense respect the long ball would be a good start. Look at how armanti get ran down punt return and you tell me that's the best returner we have? our team speed needs to get much better. Not to just say he's only good as a return man, lots of smaller guys are making an impact right now. I see austin as a more shifty deshawn jackson. He also fits that sproles/bush mold who can play in space and just creat match-up nightmares. This guy is one big splash play waiting to happen. say yes at 14,because he wont be around in the second...

Posted

a few observations:

the dude that made that video did an amazing job, even if the songs he chose sucked.

geno smith stares down receivers badly

Austin is about as close to Steve Smith on a highlight reel that I have seen come out of college. I'm not calling him the next steve, but the way they shake people is very similar, steve just has more power. I'm pretty impressed with that.

Posted

geno smith stares down receivers badly

You saw all that in these fast highlights? Wow!

What do you want, no look passes? This isn't basketball, son.

over 4200 yards passing, 42 TD, 6 ints. Ran a 4.56(Cam-like numbers). Dude is legit.

Staring down receivers means more INTs. You're not a scout. Leave the guy alone. Plus, the panthers aren't in the market for a QB.

Posted

I admittedly haven't watched much of Austin but his vision and ability cut is lethal in space and he makes so many people miss. If he can run crisp clean routes and get separation in the passing game and give us a new wrinkle in the running game and Sproles like production catching out of the backfield and in the slot then he would not be a bad option at 14 but it really depends who is on the board.......

Sounds exactly like what we said last season about Joe Adams. NO WAY this guy is anywhere near the same caliber as Sprole or D'Will. If he was he would be listed as a RB not WR.

Posted

The man returned kicks for TD's and broke a few passes for TD's... he may not be the fastest out there, but he's extremely quick for his size

Do you know how fast Anquan Boldin is? He ran a 4.7 and Fitz ran a 4.6

If he is as good as those dudes then sure, but from what I saw from a few highlight videos is he is slow and catches with his body. Just a quick opinion.

Posted

You saw all that in these fast highlights? Wow!

What do you want, no look passes? This isn't basketball, son.

over 4200 yards passing, 42 TD, 6 ints. Ran a 4.56(Cam-like numbers). Dude is legit.

Staring down receivers means more INTs. You're not a scout. Leave the guy alone. Plus, the panthers aren't in the market for a QB.

Jesus christ, why are you so butthurt about that comment? for that fact, why does everyone get so butthurt around here now?

You know who else stared down receivers badly in college? Cam Newton. he threw a lot of picks his rookie year too. does it mean I said he sucked? no it doesn't. Calm the crap down and get over yourself. And yes I understand the irony of the whole butthurt comment, but I can only handle so much chirldishniss. this whole "I don't agree with you so you are obviously retarded" mentality is turrible for these forums and any healthy debate/conversation people can have here.

Posted

double post my bad

Posted

I didn't realize how big Allen was. See where you're comming from beastson

Posted

I'm a fan. He has the look of a true NFL playmaker. Dynamic offensive player is a definite need going in and he very well could be that.

I'm not dismissing other options but I would definitely be excited if his name were called for the Panthers.

Posted

He sounds like a headache.

moray.jpg

Posted

I didn't realize how big Allen was. See where you're comming from beastson

Right he 6'3 and 215

Few vids. Allen ONLY issue to me is his knee and how he perform after the injury

Posted

man hes slow...if that dumb dude would have went for the tackle instead of trying to knock the ball out allen would have not scored lol

never liked him....seems like an avg guy....lol no way is he on desean jackson level coming out.......dudes a chump compared to jackson. :thumbsd: