Photo
- - - - -

Have your political veiws changed???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#31 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

As SFGF implied, there's usually too much kool aid on any side.
Each position should be looked at on it's individual flaws and bennies.

#32 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,815 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

Every admin has flaws in Policy but it seemed for 4 years under Bush the dem never agreed with the Rep but the Rep had congress so they got every thing they wanted. Thats why we are in the mess we are in now. The fact seems to be though now that the Dems have congress they are doing the same thing the Bush admin did and not even trying to work with the Rep. I think thats why people have said they made a mistake.

#33 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

Since I lean conservative 80-90% of the time, this new regime has me somewhat concerned however I'm not really very worried since there is nothing I can do about it but roll with the punches. I've worked hard to get where I am in life and I credit my politicians with maybe 1% of that over the years. I still do not think the president/congress has much control over our day to day lives unless we choose to believe that or are in a job that is directly affected by them (i.e. gvt contractors, military, etc.) which I am not. My city is one of the biggest military towns in the country and the Iraq war did have an effect on us however the pentagon brought in almost as many national guard troops to replace those shipped out.

Hmmm, I think I went off on a tangent.

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

Since I lean conservative 80-90% of the time, this new regime has me somewhat concerned however I'm not really very worried since there is nothing I can do about it but roll with the punches. I've worked hard to get where I am in life and I credit my politicians with maybe 1% of that over the years. I still do not think the president/congress has much control over our day to day lives unless we choose to believe that or are in a job that is directly affected by them (i.e. gvt contractors, military, etc.) which I am not. My city is one of the biggest military towns in the country and the Iraq war did have an effect on us however the pentagon brought in almost as many national guard troops to replace those shipped out.

Hmmm, I think I went off on a tangent.

Do you ever tell chicks that most guys call it muff diving, but you call it murph diving? Cause I think that would win you points if you did...

#35 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

Do you ever tell chicks that most guys call it muff diving, but you call it murph diving? Cause I think that would win you points if you did...

Women have always like my beard. The only problem is that when I'm done, my whole face looks like a glazed donut.

#36 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

Women have always like my beard. The only problem is that when I'm done, my whole face looks like a glazed donut.

Hahahahahahahaha:D:D:D

Awesome.

#37 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

Don't let me critique your style or anything, BUT...you might be doing it wrong. It doesn't require your entire face.

#38 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Don't let me critique your style or anything, BUT...you might be doing it wrong. It doesn't require your entire face.

enthusiasm goes a long way.

#39 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

why would you let your political opinions be changed by a singular individual's performance?

obama has been a run of the mill president so far. not great and not bad. but even if he sucked, that's like saying 'the panthers had a 7-9 season, so now i'm a falcons fan.'

if your personal ideals are so easily swayed that you change them because of what someone else does, you are basically just a windsock.

#40 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

i was a registered democrat since 2004 but i was really pretty much a bakuninite and that has shifted (within the last year and quite naturally i'd suspect) into anarcho-syndicalism

#41 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

why would you let your political opinions be changed by a singular individual's performance?

obama has been a run of the mill president so far. not great and not bad. but even if he sucked, that's like saying 'the panthers had a 7-9 season, so now i'm a falcons fan.'

if your personal ideals are so easily swayed that you change them because of what someone else does, you are basically just a windsock.

not really

when the panthers suck i don't have to loan my wages for the next ten years to the nfl who paid them to suck

#42 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

that doesn't really change the analogy. ideals are ideals, they aren't based on how good some other guy performs, they are based on your personal world view.

#43 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

i think specifically with obama there are certain things he's done that would change your outlook on other aspects of politics/finance/international relations.

I mean for example i bet very few of the people of my generation had much of a problem with the finance sector before he came into office, and now he's probably created (it'll take years to see the effects of course) a generation of people who are going to greatly mistrust banking and financial institutions.

i mean i've been seriously considering taking all of my money out of BoA, Wachovia, and Chuck and throwing it into a credit union

#44 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

that is true, and of course the success or failure of a policy may change your opinion on something. but my thinking on this is more about the tone of the OP which is in essence 'i was a dem, but obama didn't move to the center, so now i'm a republican.'

if the tone was 'i was a dem, but the economic policies i used to support have failed, so i'm reconsidering them,' it would be entirely logical.

#45 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

well i'll freely admit that i never really even contemplated the connections between labor, finance, and capitol (outside of marx) before the middle to end of 2008, so maybe it's not fair that i attribute all this to obama, but he's certainly and unashamedly a corporatist so.....

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com