Photo
- - - - -

How about cutting Beason instead of Willliams.

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#106 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Williams wasn't very productive this year....people tend to look at game 16 and forget the guy who played 1-15. Game 16 against the worst D in the history of the sport distorted his final stats

There is no possible means to use them appropriately....there contracts mean they should be 20-25 rushes a game RBs. Passing league, we have a QB now (who is the biggest running mismatch in the league) and Tolbert is a better short yardage runner than either

The running game wasn't productive until we switched schemes and WIlliams took off.

The whole this is a passing league is overdone. Everyone thinks for example that New England throws the ball all the time but they don't. In 2012 they ran the ball more than we did to the tune of 523 times. That was compared to 641 passing attempts. Hardly a huge difference dictating a proclamation that rushing isn't important or that we don't need quality running backs.

Then look at Washington who passed the ball 442 attempts and ran it 519 times. Wow a team who made the playoffs that ran the ball more than they passed. How can that be in a passing league??? Like I said the whole this is a passing league is overblown in the media and trumpeted by fans like you with an agenda.

BTW: how did we do?? We passed it 490 times and ran it 460 times. Roughly equal. In 2005 under run it all the time Fox we ran it 487 times and passed it 449 times. Roughly equal. It should have been a huge difference since this is a passing league now.......

#107 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,939 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I'm rewatching the first Taints game from last season right now. Beason played like a hot turd.

#108 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,862 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

lol you gave the same "It's just one game" excuse like 6 games in a row last year.

What's really funny here is Jonathon Stewart averaged 3.6 YPC this year.
He sucked.
He has a bigger contract with more guaranteed money on it than DWill does.

That being said this is this thread:

#109 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

The running game wasn't productive until we switched schemes and WIlliams took off.

The whole this is a passing league is overdone. Everyone thinks for example that New England throws the ball all the time but they don't. In 2012 they ran the ball more than we did to the tune of 523 times. That was compared to 641 passing attempts. Hardly a huge difference dictating a proclamation that rushing isn't important or that we don't need quality running backs.

Then look at Washington who passed the ball 442 attempts and ran it 519 times. Wow a team who made the playoffs that ran the ball more than they passed. How can that be in a passing league??? Like I said the whole this is a passing league is overblown in the media and trumpeted by fans like you with an agenda.

BTW: how did we do?? We passed it 490 times and ran it 460 times. Roughly equal. In 2005 under run it all the time Fox we ran it 487 times and passed it 449 times. Roughly equal. It should have been a huge difference since this is a passing league now.......

He never took off.....last game against the worst D in history greatly distorted his stats.

Passing thing isn't overblown....numbers fully support the trend league wide.

How did we do? Our RBs/FBs rushed a mere 320 times....with record low production in Carolina. Yeah, lets keep dumping league high money at franchise low production.

#110 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

What's really funny here is Jonathon Stewart averaged 3.6 YPC this year.
He sucked.
He has a bigger contract with more guaranteed money on it than DWill does.

That being said this is this thread:

He was hurt....

and if it wasn't for the 16th game of the season....he would have averaged better yards per carry than Williams. I mean, if we can play the worst D in the history of the NFL each week....Williams may be worth it

#111 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Double Trouble since we extended them

2012- 1,077 rush yards, 9 TDs
2011 - 1,597 rush yards, 11 TDs

Cost? 2763 billion dollars

Combined, they barely produce like one highly paid RB....but yeah, lets keep the band together. Money well spent. But things will be different in 2013...bc....well, they just will. I realize Cam and Tolbert were more productive overall in 2012 but why give Tolbert carries when he is the best redzone runner in 2013 and Newton who is arguably the biggest running mismatch in NFL history carries either.

#112 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

He never took off.....last game against the worst D in history greatly distorted his stats.

Passing thing isn't overblown....numbers fully support the trend league wide.

How did we do? Our RBs/FBs rushed a mere 320 times....with record low production in Carolina. Yeah, lets keep dumping league high money at franchise low production.

First of all, what we did this year particularly early is not what we will do next year. What did Shula say? We would run more using a power running game. Gee who would that include?? More runs by Newton or perhaps more by Williams and Stewart if he comes back 100%. I love how you spin info to fit your distorted view of things. We ran the ball about the same as usual as I showed you. The fact Newton ran as much as he did won't happen according to Gettleman much to your chagrin.

As for passing stats, I just showed you that we ran and threw about the same amount as we did in 2005 when we supposedly were a running team. What else matters? What New Orleans did??

#113 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

First of all, what we did this year particularly early is not what we will do next year. What did Shula say? We would run more using a power running game. Gee who would that include?? More runs by Newton or perhaps more by Williams and Stewart if he comes back 100%. I love how you spin info to fit your distorted view of things. We ran the ball about the same as usual as I showed you. The fact Newton ran as much as he did won't happen according to Gettleman much to your chagrin.

As for passing stats, I just showed you that we ran and threw about the same amount as we did in 2005 when we supposedly were a running team. What else matters? What New Orleans did??

Exclude early 2012 all you want....2011 and late 2012 doesn't justify anything. RBs didn't produce enough for the pay.

Gettlemen isn't the OC. If he wants Newton not to run....the manner to get that is to hire a coach who wants a traditional pocket player and gets a new QB.

Shula will be like Shanhan, Chud, etc. Middle of the road guy who gets a gift dropped in his lap. He suddenly evolves....bc it makes no sense to squash and limit a talented QB.

Why don't you show the league wide numbers is you want to talk about if it is becoming a passing league or not. The pass steadily has trended up....new age QBs will skew things back some. But that skewing back some is bc of non traditional rushing

#114 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Double Trouble since we extended them

2012- 1,077 rush yards, 9 TDs
2011 - 1,597 rush yards, 11 TDs

Cost? 2763 billion dollars

Combined, they barely produce like one highly paid RB....but yeah, lets keep the band together. Money well spent. But things will be different in 2013...bc....well, they just will. I realize Cam and Tolbert were more productive overall in 2012 but why give Tolbert carries when he is the best redzone runner in 2013 and Newton who is arguably the biggest running mismatch in NFL history carries either.

First of all you made a case for changing how we use the backs next year, little else. We all agree that Chud and the read option was not effective as we ran it. Gettleman said it won't be a big part of what we do next year. So all these facts are irrelevant. Newton won't run the ball over 100 times next season.
Was Tolbert productive?? from 1 yard out, yes but overall not much. He averaged 11 yards a game without Stewart in there much of the time. Do you know how many runs over 20 yards he had?? 0

Funny how you negate Williams for the Saints game yet don't negate Tolbert's redzone production by taking out the San Diego game. In fact 5 of his 7 redzone Tds were in 2 games- San Diego and New Orleans the second time. Otherwise he had 2 redzone TDs in the other 14 games.

#115 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Exclude early 2012 all you want....2011 and late 2012 doesn't justify anything. RBs didn't produce enough for the pay.

Gettlemen isn't the OC. If he wants Newton not to run....the manner to get that is to hire a coach who wants a traditional pocket player and gets a new QB.

Shula will be like Shanhan, Chud, etc. Middle of the road guy who gets a gift dropped in his lap. He suddenly evolves....bc it makes no sense to squash and limit a talented QB.

Why don't you show the league wide numbers is you want to talk about if it is becoming a passing league or not. The pass steadily has trended up....new age QBs will skew things back some. But that skewing back some is bc of non traditional rushing

What do league stats have to do with how we are going to run the ball more often next year so we need Williams and Stewart??? And why would the fact that Detroit threw the ball over 700 times because they have a crappy running game dictate what we do??

I am keeping up with all your predictions despite the coaches and GM saying they are going to do the opposite of what you advocate. Should be good for hundreds more posts bitching about how we are misusing Newton and how you want him to go to a team that uses his talent.

#116 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

First of all you made a case for changing how we use the backs next year, little else. We all agree that Chud and the read option was not effective as we ran it. Gettleman said it won't be a big part of what we do next year. So all these facts are irrelevant. Newton won't run the ball over 100 times next season.
Was Tolbert productive?? from 1 yard out, yes but overall not much. He averaged 11 yards a game without Stewart in there much of the time. Do you know how many runs over 20 yards he had?? 0

Funny how you negate Williams for the Saints game yet don't negate Tolbert's redzone production by taking out the San Diego game. In fact 5 of his 7 redzone Tds were in 2 games- San Diego and New Orleans the second time. Otherwise he had 2 redzone TDs in the other 14 games.

Read option was highly effective in 2011 and fairly late 2012. OL play, specific G play, in 2012 was a bigger reason for the sup'd up version not working.

Newton will run right around 100 times next year if he plays 16.....little over or under. That works out to only 6 per game. He will do that with ease....without the read option (but we will still have it). Crappy OL and the simple fact he runs all but ensures it. That is silly talk.

Tolbert has a carrer showing he is a better short yardage runner than both. As far as 20 yard runs go.....hard to get those when you rarely get a chance to do much outside the redzone work. The 2nd and 3rd leading rushers in the NFL weren't breaking off lots of 20 yard gains....it ain't all about the big run.

Any time someone does something against the worst in NFL history it is wise to not put tons of stock in it.....the other 14 games he played tell you more of reality.

#117 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

My thoughts for what its worth!

Way too much money tied up in guys that play a position that we can fill with late rd picks(ex. Morris, Brown, hell 2nd Rice). Power Run game starts with a power OL. What's gonna gain the most rushing yards? 50milOL/2milRBs or 10milOL/50milRBs? Double Trouble, as much as I like them, is the franchise's bad girlfriend right now. Let them go!

As far as Beason? Defense gives you opportunities to win and I want a strong one! I would much rather keep Beason through his contract if he can be a Pro Bowl OLB.

To me, the recipe for a annual winner(personnel wise) is as follows:

Stud QB-Check
Stud Tackles-Needs work
Stud Center-Check
2 Very Good TE's-Needs work
Stud WR-Needs work(Smith's biological clock is running out)
Stud DL-Needs interior work and depth
Stud MLB-Check
Stud Safety-Missing

Everyone else has to be average to above avg, including RB's. Way too much money tied up into a position that cannot perform when other positions lack.(See GB, Steelers, etc.)

#118 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,654 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

What do league stats have to do with how we are going to run the ball more often next year so we need Williams and Stewart??? And why would the fact that Detroit threw the ball over 700 times because they have a crappy running game dictate what we do??

I am keeping up with all your predictions despite the coaches and GM saying they are going to do the opposite of what you advocate. Should be good for hundreds more posts bitching about how we are misusing Newton and how you want him to go to a team that uses his talent.

League stats have something to do with you claiming the LEAGUE isn't turning into a passing league.

Newton is special.....anyone who is a fan of the sport should want the team he is with to tap into his full potential. Not hand cuffing bc you want some old school Fox duo to live up to something that is in the past.

Pleas tell me where Rivera and Shula said Cam ain't running? lol....

#119 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

boy must be great for those other 31 teams to not have an injury prone back on their roster.

#120 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Have to ride this year out with both. Next year I would hope Beason would restructure and we cut a useless James Anderson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com