Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

NYC = Nanny State

43 posts in this topic

Did you know that velociraptor is only 10,000 years old?

How about that? More misplaced assumptions. You guys just hate it when you can't pigeonhole somebody, don't you?

Look, I mean this makes sense theoretically, but its not going to happen. If we dont do something to encourage healthier eating behaviors, our healthcare costs will continue to rise.

Ban tobacco, ban alcohol, ban automobiles ... let's see ... what else causes death and/or injury that causes health care costs to continue to rise.

Oh, wait ... let's just let those people who get cancer (for example) die ... problem solved.

Ban tobacco, ban alcohol, ban automobiles ... let's see ... what else causes death and/or injury that causes health care costs to continue to rise.

Oh, wait ... let's just let those people who get cancer (for example) die ... problem solved.

While we are brainstorming things that wont happen, what if we just had no government?

That would completely eliminate the deficit, and we would have no taxes either- problem solved

While we are brainstorming things that wont happen, what if we just had no government?

That would completely eliminate the deficit, and we would have no taxes either- problem solved

Why don't you use the same argument for tobacco as you do for sugar?

Why don't you use the same argument for tobacco as you do for sugar?

What?

you can't smoke or drive in restaurants either.

It's not a difficult question.

Did I use a different argument for tobacco? I dont think I even mentioned it

Interesting article on junk food

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html