#16 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,990 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Love the hidden tax of gas. Has the media jumped on rising gas at all?

#17 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Love the hidden tax of gas. Has the media jumped on rising gas at all?

Theres a hidden tax of gas? Is it like the gas tax?

#18 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Nah, this pres's policies would have nothing to do with the price escalation. Denying the pipelines and off-shore drilling, as well as high tax increases and regulations mounting. No way the pres could have an effect on prices.

Since Obama has taken office we've increased our production and decreased our foreign imports of oil. Natural gas production is at all time highs and prices plummeted (although they are now starting to go back up some). I don't credit Obama or any politician for this. This is due to technological advancements that have helped generate an oil boom in areas that were once unfit to produce oil economically.

The pipeline was not wanted by Nebraska's republican governor and many other local elected officials in the areas it crossed. The path has now be re-drawn to get governor support and I fully expect the feds to permit it at this point. The pipeline has nothing to do with oil prices anyway because it is being built so that Canadian producers can more easily export their oil abroad.

The last several years have been good for everyone but coal and that is because natural gas is cheaper, cleaner, and more efficient, causing energy companies to switch their power plants to that instead of continuing to use 60 year old coal plants that operate at less than 40% efficiency.

#19 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Theres a hidden tax of gas? Is it like the gas tax?

I think he's just referring to rising gas prices decreasing consumer spending dollars. Could be wrong though.

#20 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

not sure how a fine for BP will raise gas prices very much.

That said, gas prices are coming up for other reasons.

Liberal "leadership" loves it when they can convince consumers that large corporations pay taxes or fines. They are businesses, They just increase their prices to cover the cost of business. Kind of like whet the government does. Consumers ultimately pay the cost.

#21 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Since Obama has taken office we've increased our production and decreased our foreign imports of oil. Natural gas production is at all time highs and prices plummeted (although they are now starting to go back up some). I don't credit Obama or any politician for this. This is due to technological advancements that have helped generate an oil boom in areas that were once unfit to produce oil economically.

The pipeline was not wanted by Nebraska's republican governor and many other local elected officials in the areas it crossed. The path has now be re-drawn to get governor support and I fully expect the feds to permit it at this point. The pipeline has nothing to do with oil prices anyway because it is being built so that Canadian producers can more easily export their oil abroad.

The last several years have been good for everyone but coal and that is because natural gas is cheaper, cleaner, and more efficient, causing energy companies to switch their power plants to that instead of continuing to use 60 year old coal plants that operate at less than 40% efficiency.

Posted Image

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, but still.

/conservative response

#23 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Glad I dont own any gas guzzling SUVs.

*Thank you common sense.*

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

I own a tundra....

and drive about 6 miles a day. I'm ok.

#25 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

^^ your cost for food and other commodities will rise along with the price of fuel.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,486 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

More excuses to work from home. :)

That being said, gas will not be anywhere near 6 bucks on labor day unless there is a hurricane or some other supply disruption. Heck, if the mandatory budget cuts go into effect, gas prices might come down, since the Government is far and away the biggest user of oil in the US.

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

^^ your cost for food and other commodities will rise along with the price of fuel.

oh crap

#28 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I own a tundra....

and drive about 6 miles a day. I'm ok.

I have a hybrid and drive 2.

I filled up yesterday for the first time in february I think. I know it has been several weeks. I rarely drive more than 2 miles from my house. One of the advantages of living in between uptown and Plaza-Midwood I suppose.

#29 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I have a hybrid and drive 2.

I filled up yesterday for the first time in february I think. I know it has been several weeks. I rarely drive more than 2 miles from my house. One of the advantages of living in between uptown and Plaza-Midwood I suppose.

Hi neighbor...

I'm ok with the cost associated with my truck because I actually use it as a truck quite a bit.

#30 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Hi neighbor...

I'm ok with the cost associated with my truck because I actually use it as a truck quite a bit.

*missing my Tundra terribly* (but not the monthly cost of fuel)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com