Photo
- - - - -

Health Care Reform???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

SO here we go again.....Health care reform??

Do you agree with Obama's idea of govement healthcare for thosse who dont get it?

Is it fair to the ones who pay for it through their employment?

I think that we are in too deep for anything to work now. We are stuck having ***'s and shady insurance companies. Is there an easy way to fix this???

NO, because it will piss some one of or make our standard of care in America worse.

I could see this plan of Obama's passing and then only large companies offering Health Insurance....so everyone will get goverment insurance and all our taxes will get higher....

Does anyone else have comments, concerns, or better ideasthat can "fix" health insurance

BTW: I dont have health Insurance....I know i should....But my job does not offer it and i can not afford it anyway....Do i Care....Not really....I have not been to the Doctor or sick enough to go in Three years....KNOCKS ON WOOD

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,522 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:07 PM

We might almost need to have a Health Care Reform sticky as much as it comes up and changes.

I like the back and forth going on with finding the BEST solution. I think Obama is going to get his way and within a year we will have some form of a new health care.
How it will be implemented and the cost is still up in the air.

If it's 100% govt that will suck tremendously. 25-45% I can live with.

#3 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

The biggest thing that truly bothers me about this is the use of the term "health care reform" when the idea behind it is clearly "health insurance reform". Both are seperate issues that need to be equally addressed and calling one by the others name gives the false impression that both will be solved at the same time.

#4 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

I agree with you that both are needed to be reformed but i think you can not reform one with out the other.....IMO

Health Insurance and Health Care reform go hand in hand, can not fix one with out the other

#5 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

Oh I definately agree there, they go hand in hand. Problem is, solving only one is only solving half the problem.

#6 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,129 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

The fact is the system needs to be tweaked not scrapped. What scares me is who is gonna foot the bill. Right now our Gov has massive debt and our industries are just hanging on by a thread(except Banks). Obama talks of reform but seems to forget that someone has to foot the bill and he seems to want to dump it on our Industries but I just don't see how they can pay for it ether. There are just too many people on welfare and not enough jobs or money coming into the US to support them.

Maybe they should look to reform welfare before reforming healthcare and Insurance.

Edited by Snake_Fist_Gung_Fu, 11 June 2009 - 09:22 PM.

#7 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

And here's that bill ...

June 12 (Bloomberg) -- Health-care overhaul legislation being drafted by House Democrats will include $600 billion in tax increases and $400 billion in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel said.

Democrats will work on the bill’s details next week as they struggle through “what kind of heartburn” it will cause to agree on how to pay for revamping the health-care system, Rangel, a New York Democrat, said today. He also said the measure’s cost will reach beyond the $634 billion President Barack Obama proposed in his budget request to Congress as a down payment for the policy changes.

Asked whether the cost of a health-care overhaul would be more than $1 trillion, Rangel said, “the answer is yes.”

http://www.bloomberg...id=aqLNecbH0dcg

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,312 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

FWIW, I think I will wait and see what its going to look like before I form an opinion. Whatever Obama is submitting now is merely a starting point.

#9 dexterpyro

dexterpyro

Huddle's Master Chef

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

If it is going to cost that much money, Is now the time to do it???

I really dont want to pay more taxes just so I and milions of uninsured peeps can get health care....We definatley dont need to cut Medicare, that is one thing seniors deserve....

#10 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:08 AM

I pay for my own health care now, and am very happy with it.

It's about 1500 per year. I will be shocked if the care improves, and my taxes don't go up more than 1500 per year to cover this thing.

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,617 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:36 AM

What kind of care is that? I have to (basically) self insure myself and its 400 a month.

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

What kind of care is that? I have to (basically) self insure myself and its 400 a month.

Full health coverage?

Maybe I don't understand what you mean.

#13 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

$1500/year and it's good coverage? That is a great deal fuzz!

If they are really cutting that much yet still increasing taxes by that much to pay for it, it sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

#14 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

$1500/year and it's good coverage? That is a great deal fuzz!

If they are really cutting that much yet still increasing taxes by that much to pay for it, it sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

I know, very happy with it right now. As I get older, I am sure it will go up, but it's been pretty gradual so far. But I am in pretty good health.

IMO, if this thing starts rolling, and I think that it will, taxes will go up, and service will suffer.

Now the hybrid system that they are speaking of sounds cool, but if you don't use the gov. side, will you have to pay taxes to cover everyone's usage? Yes you will.

I hear it all the time, especially from folks from NY and NJ. They always complain about paying the high taxes, even if they don't have kids in school, or don't have kids period. It will be the same with the health care, medicare, and medicaid, SS, etc...

#15 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

So are we but we pay almost 5 grand for basically what amounts to emergencies only coverage due to the deductible being high.

I think they need to have some incentives in there that will fiscally reward those who don't use it as much. The system needs to be revamped, no doubt but it's common sense that when you make things cheaper or free for people, they will use it more.

Taxes in OH are ruinous as well. Everyone who moves here from most other states comments on that

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com