Photo
- - - - -

Health Care Reform???

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#16 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

I pay 250 a month for high deductible insurance with no cap. Meaning if I go to the hospital I have a 2500 deductible then a 15% coinsurance with no cap. Oh yea, and they don't cover prescriptions or lab work. I'm effectively uninsured.

#17 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,555 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

So are we but we pay almost 5 grand for basically what amounts to emergencies only coverage due to the deductible being high.

I think they need to have some incentives in there that will fiscally reward those who don't use it as much. The system needs to be revamped, no doubt but it's common sense that when you make things cheaper or free for people, they will use it more.

Taxes in OH are ruinous as well. Everyone who moves here from most other states comments on that

Oh I am not saying that the system that we have in place is good, or fair, or what I would like for it to be. I just don't think that the government installing "free" health care is the way that we should go.

If they wanted to reform it, they could start with making the money you pay to health care and insurance non taxed. That would be a start.

I am not saying, deductible, I mean non taxed.

Say you make 35,000 and pay 20% in taxes....$7,000 in FICA, and pay 3,000 in insurance costs, you would only owe them 4,000 in FICA after that.

That would make sense....huh?

#18 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:56 PM

I think it makes sense for businesses under a certain amount of employees to get that as an incentive to provide coverage for their employees too.

I also think that if you never worked you shouldn't get SS that long or if you didn't work that long you should get SS only for the amount of years you paid in, but I digress. My mom who hasn't worked for money since 1967 only had a FT job for about 10 years total of her life will probably get far more SS money than I ever will. Not fair.

#19 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

I think it makes sense for businesses under a certain amount of employees to get that as an incentive to provide coverage for their employees too.

I also think that if you never worked you shouldn't get SS that long or if you didn't work that long you should get SS only for the amount of years you paid in, but I digress. My mom who hasn't worked for money since 1967 only had a FT job for about 10 years total of her life will probably get far more SS money than I ever will. Not fair.

Messed up, aint it? And what gets the red off my candy is the fact that all the FICA I'm paying in, I'll never collect one cent of it.

#20 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

I know I'm not counting on a dime of it myself. If it is even there when we retire, the retirement age for full bennies will probably have been pushed up to 80+ anyway.
Back when SS was implemented, I would bet they didn't expect people to be living so long either.

#21 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

I know I'm not counting on a dime of it myself. If it is even there when we retire, the retirement age for full bennies will probably have been pushed up to 80+ anyway.
Back when SS was implemented, I would bet they didn't expect people to be living so long either.

They also didn't plan on politicians borrowing from it either.

#22 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:08 PM

Posted Image

#23 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

They also didn't plan on politicians borrowing from it either.

Like a crack addict from a family member!
Gotta support that "habit" (spending).

#24 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

^ if government got 99.9 % of your earnings, it would still be nowhere near enough.

#25 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

Jenny Agutter in her prime....fap fap fap fap fap

#26 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

Like a crack addict from a family member!
Gotta support that "habit" (spending).

I think it would be amazing if the federal government would operate within the budget.

#27 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

Yeah if some dip like me can do it since I was 18, why is it such a big deal? It's pretty much common sense. You have less $$ you spend less, you cut stuff out. I can't even write words on a piece of paper and get people to give me more dough like they can. Oh yeah, I don't have to depend on other people voting for me because I give them OPM either.

#28 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

So we are 10 Trillion in debt, have the highest Unemployment rate since the great Depression and our economy is still in a recession.

But we are going to find a way to spend 600 billion MORE a year while increasing taxes.

So let me get this straight. People are broke, inflation is rising, many cant even find a job or pay the bills, but Obama will increase taxes, add to the debt we already have just to have a Super Sized medicade/medicare program.

Nice.

#29 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

Not to mention no one has considered how well the government runs Social Security.

And if universal healthcare is such a good thing, how come most Canadians with money come to the US for their medical needs?

#30 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,001 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

Not to mention no one has considered how well the government runs Social Security.

88bronco considered it.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com