Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting a colonoscopy on Wednesday...

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Last night was horrible I threw up some of the solution but fought through it and finished it off...I'm about to leave, I hope all of this liquid is out of me before we leave.

The worst part is the hunger I'm a big guy 6'1 240lbs and I haven't eaten in 36 hours any real food ate some jello yesterday.

I feel out of it, just ready to get this over with

I'm doing this for my mom she has some rare colon cancer that is terminal we almost lost her last week and that has been the most devastating part.. Her doctor recommended that all her kids gets this done.

Thanks for the well wishes, I;m outta here.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jasonluckydog' timestamp='1361977031' post='2146279']
Last night was horrible I threw up some of the solution but fought through it and finished it off...I'm about to leave, I hope all of this liquid is out of me before we leave.

The worst part is the hunger I'm a big guy 6'1 240lbs and I haven't eaten in 36 hours any real food ate some jello yesterday.

I feel out of it, just ready to get this over with

I'm doing this for my mom she has some rare colon cancer that is terminal we almost lost her last week and that has been the most devastating part.. [b]Her doctor recommended that all her kids gets this done.[/b]

Thanks for the well wishes, I;m outta here.
[/quote]

Same here. I do them every five years because my mom had some cancer removed. I think I'm due this year actually. Good luck, hope it turns out ok.

Posted · Report post

I've had one. It's a pain in the ass.
Hated it, don't have to do another one till I'm 40.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='LifeisaGarden' timestamp='1361980858' post='2146326']
I've had one. [b]It's a pain in the ass.[/b]

[/quote]
[img]http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/i-see-what-you-did-there-owl.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

I'm back let me be the 1st person to have complications from a scope I was minutes away from being rushed to the ER my stomach was killing me when I woke had the most god awful pain and they said it was gas the pain was a 10 after one extremely loud fart yje pain subsided and it was called off so im good..this is hard to type back to bed i go.

Posted · Report post

good to hear youre OK, jason... Go get something to eat....

Posted · Report post

Sorry about the fart.

Posted · Report post

so, did they find your car keys?

Posted · Report post

My senses have come back to me..What a not so great experience it took me about 90 minutes to recover from the procedure due to the EXTREME sharp pains in my stomach which is apparently not that common, My nurse was preparing to send me to the ER but I told her no just let me go to the bathroom and then after letting all the air out I felt better plus they gave me some drug to calm me down. I have never felt pain like that.

I feel better now but boy was I hungry!! I'm getting my colon back in shape It's 11:25 I just ordered a pizza, lol

my doc said I have hemorrhoids and he found 1 polyp that he cut and sent off for testing.

and before I forget
fug YOU HALFLYTE!! I will NEVER DRINK THAT poo AGAIN!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='OnlyPantherFaninMaine' timestamp='1361913587' post='2145541']
I'm performing my first colonoscopy this Wednesday at 11am. Unfortunately for my patient, I'm more nervous than he is and will not have a steady hand.
[/quote]

[color=#3399FF][b]So, did your patient fare any better than Jason?[/b][/color]

Posted · Report post

finally a huddle member to admit that they are a pain in the ass!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jasonluckydog' timestamp='1362026064' post='2147001']
My senses have come back to me..What a not so great experience it took me about 90 minutes to recover from the procedure due to the EXTREME sharp pains in my stomach which is apparently not that common, My nurse was preparing to send me to the ER but I told her no just let me go to the bathroom and then after letting all the air out I felt better plus they gave me some drug to calm me down. I have never felt pain like that.

I feel better now but boy was I hungry!! I'm getting my colon back in shape It's 11:25 I just ordered a pizza, lol

my doc said I have hemorrhoids and he found 1 polyp that he cut and sent off for testing.

and before I forget
fug YOU HALFLYTE!! I will NEVER DRINK THAT poo AGAIN!!
[/quote]

Hope the test comes back with good results.

If they wanted to be more accurate, the proper name for that stuff would be "liquishit" :unsure: