Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got Disillusion?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

How do the huggers here feel about the lofty expecations attached to this president vs the reality?

http://freebeacon.com/chuck-todd-on-ofa-fundraising-this-just-looks-bad/

Posted

2 word sarcastic thread title? Vaguely insulting snarky comment with completely unexplained link in the op?

Yep, its a stirs thread

Posted

Promises of bailing out main street instead of wall street.... there's way more examples that are more explicit than this one if you're looking for hypocrisy

Posted

Sooooooo many things from Gitmo, to transparency to drones to money for access. All the crap you guys bowed down and worshipped him for in the beginning. Still on your knees or getting a big dose of reality?

Posted

2 word sarcastic thread title? Vaguely insulting snarky comment with completely unexplained link in the op?

Yep, its a stirs thread

Most folks are a lot further along in their understanding of current events than you are but we can take your shortcomings into account in the future. Don't worry however, SZ always needs to rep someone and Cantrell isn't up yet.

Posted

Most folks are a lot further along in their understanding of current events than you are but we can take your shortcomings into account in the future. Don't worry however, SZ always needs to rep someone and Cantrell isn't up yet.

You do realize the threads you make are terrible, right? I have no idea what this thread is about because the thread title is incredibly vague and you give no context whatsoever for the link you put in the op. If you cant be bothered to at least summarize the article you link to or give an opinion on it then I'm not going to take the time to click the link and respond.

I usually dont reply to the threads you make like this one, but I just thought someone should let you know

Posted

How do the huggers here feel about the lofty expecations attached to this president vs the reality?

http://freebeacon.com/chuck-todd-on-ofa-fundraising-this-just-looks-bad/

What expectations do you think I had?

Posted

What expectations do you think I had?

Well, the short version is Utopia. A few of many things touted above, many more.

Point was, that if you take the numbers game like unemployment, taxes, economy in general, he fails.

So, if you switch to the philosophical area of post racial, transparency, no bombings, no infringements on your rights, the world loving us, etc, he seems to be stumbling at every step also.

Just wondering if real or abstract failures have any of the ardent supporters rethinking their positions. Doubt it.

Posted

Well, the short version is Utopia. A few of many things touted above, many more.

Point was, that if you take the numbers game like unemployment, taxes, economy in general, he fails.

So, if you switch to the philosophical area of post racial, transparency, no bombings, no infringements on your rights, the world loving us, etc, he seems to be stumbling at every step also.

Just wondering if real or abstract failures have any of the ardent supporters rethinking their positions. Doubt it.

I suspect they will soon become less than ardent supporters, sort of like how all the reps ran away from Bush near the end of his term

He lost me when he passed a republican health care bill and called it a success

Posted

yep, dangerous.

that said it's telling to me that all your sources are from "the free beacon" and national review and drudge, etc. you should consider expanding your sources so as not to get caught in an echo chamber

Posted

yep, dangerous.

that said it's telling to me that all your sources are from "the free beacon" and national review and drudge, etc. you should consider expanding your sources so as not to get caught in an echo chamber

When CBS or CNN start reporting it, then I will quote them. See the problem?

Posted

Well, the short version is Utopia.

Then you're stupid & the rest of your post is irrelevant.

I never saw him as anything more than a politician & a better choice than those he was running against.

This "Utopia" is pretty much just a fever dream of yours that comes from being trapped in that conservative information bubble. Oh sure, with... what... 150m voters I'm sure you can find some on the left that were expecting utopia. I could easily find a like number on the right that were expecting complete collapse. (Sidenote: That bubble was hilarious to me because it was almost the exact same thing the Dems did in'04 & the right, for the most part, couldn't see it.)

So, sorry, from my view point he hasn't failed thus no disillusionment here... Maybe its because I'm much, much better off than I was 4 (or 8) years ago... I wonder if that's because I don't spend much time scouring the internet for things I can point to & say "aha! Regret your choice yet?" because I'm all butthurt my ideology lost this round?

(Psst! This is where you respond with some babbling reply likely starting with a whine about how I didn't respond to the rest of your post.)