Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carpantherfan84

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

147 posts in this topic

Depending on how hew the contract is designed (performance based loaded) we may have a chance. He is a touchdown scorer, he is a gameplan changer (more room to run) He will attract every teams best DB and Smitty could have a monster year again. He loves to CATCH the ball unlike some WRs we have. He would instantly change the look of our offense.

I would love to have him here, but I think Rivera was referring to signing a receiver in general. Either way the position needs to be addressed this season. Most of the media thinks Miami will sign Wallace to a big contract, which I don't understand considering they not long ago traded away Brandon Marshall for peanuts.

I think the Marshall exit was more about off field and the combo of a new regime. As for Wallace, Miami might be the favorite, but I wouldn't count out that new Patriot cap space being used to take a stab

huh? he put off drafting WR's?

2012 Joe Adams

2011 Kealoha Pilares

2010 Brandon LaFell

2010 David Gettis

Marty Hurney drafted 2 WRs. LaFell and Jarrett...and never a 1st rounder on one.

The rest where shots in the dark or meant to be heavy special team players.

I know Miami really wants Wallace because Tannehill desperately needs someone to throw to so I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the most money at him to come

Cam needs someone to throw too also though...and Mike Wallace would be more open here in Carolina

I think the Marshall exit was more about off field and the combo of a new regime. As for Wallace, Miami might be the favorite, but I wouldn't count out that new Patriot cap space being used to take a stab

Pats picking up Wallace and keeping Welker; their TE's and Brady; dang, thats a little scary.

I think he was referring to a quality #1, someone who could take over for Steve when the times comes.

Because Steve Smith was drafted in the first? You guys are to quick to judge. Carolina has a nice crew of young WR to groom. Lafell is coming along. Joe Adams will be a beast.

Marty Hurney drafted 2 WRs. LaFell and Jarrett...and never a 1st rounder on one.

The rest where shots in the dark or meant to be heavy special team players.

Wasnt Steve Smith drafted to be a Punt Returner?

NFL.com reads the Huddle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000145368/article/ron-rivera-hints-panthers-need-wr-like-mike-wallace

True. Though I haven't heard any trouble since he's been in Chicago.

Possible but you don't think the Pats will resign Welker? He's 31 but I don't think they'll let him walk.

Wasnt Steve Smith drafted to be a Punt Returner?

Hurney didn't draft him....

and Steve Smith is what you would call stumbling upon gold (like a Tom Brady). Unfortunately, we act as if we can replace Smith in the same manner we found him.

Because Steve Smith was drafted in the first? You guys are to quick to judge. Carolina has a nice crew of young WR to groom. Lafell is coming along. Joe Adams will be a beast.

Was smitty drafted by Hurney? and lol Lafell is a #3 and Adams has A LOT of work to do if you think he'll even compete for #1.

Yeah sometimes you can get lucky. Steve is an exception to the rule, he has a ridiculous drive.

We can go through the laundry list of Hurney's WR picks but it is a waste of time, you know the names.

Outside of Smitty and Lafell who I like but he is inconsistent, who do we have that is such a threat?