Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

147 posts in this topic

Posted

has actually response really didn't leave hope in this signing. But I do think WR is priority! I did get that out of his response.

Posted

Not defending Hurney. Just laughing all the hate and blame he gets over fans perceptions of things.

So Hurney shouldn't be blamed for our cap mess and shitty draft classes like 2009 and 2010? Come on man.

Posted

The number of recievers in the draft that we've passed on over the years for picks that are no longer on the team or in the NFL is sickening. Could have had Wallace over Everette Brown and STILL had a 1st round pick in 2010. With that said, I do not want Mike Wallace. He's going to cost a good bit of money, and is another headcase wideout. I honestly think we can afford to develop a 1st round pick WR who can immediately step into the slot and gradually work his way up. Patterson honestly seems like the best fit, Cam need a big, fast guy who can leap for the ball, and he's shown so much potential.

If they expect to have enough money to sign Wallace, I rather divide that in 1/2 and get a Tier 2 corner and DT, and draft WR and OL.

Posted

this team will upgrade the WR position this offseason. has to.

Posted

I do think based off our history of drafting receivers, we are gonna have to take one in the first if we ever hope to upgrade the position much less replace steve smith once he retires.

Posted

Exactly. How people can defend Hurney is beyond my comprehension. That guy has our *** in a ringer for the next 3 years and people still want to defend a guy who was attempting to trade up to get Jimmy Clausen. The guy publicly defended his own draft picks by giving them ridiculous contracts (I'm looking at you Godfrey!).

No one could have predicted Jimmy Clausen would have been that big of a bust. He was one of the top quarterbacks rated in that draft at that time. They say Hindsight is 20/20.

Posted

No one could have predicted Jimmy Clausen would have been that big of a bust. He was one of the top quarterbacks rated in that draft at that time. They say Hindsight is 20/20.

He was always a risky choice.

Posted

Yes you could.

If he was a top rated QB....he wouldn't of had every team in the NFL pass o him and some doing it twice (while needing a QB). That doesn't happen in today's game with good QBs. That is evidence he wasn't a top rated QB. A bad QB who the media bs'd about.

Posted

Yes you could.

If he was a top rated QB....he wouldn't of had every team in the NFL pass o him and some doing it twice (while needing a QB). That doesn't happen in today's game with good QBs. That is evidence he wasn't a top rated QB. A bad QB who the media bs'd about.

So I guess the scouts were right to pass on Tom Brady as much as 6 times in the draft, to pass on Tony Romo altogether, to let Russell Wilson sit for 3 rounds, etc?

Posted

^^^^ lol some people can scout talent some people cant.....thats just the way it is. lol

Posted

I don't see a downfall in signing the guy. It's not our money... we need to make a splash now. We could draft positions of need other than WR....

I think it makes all the sense in the world and I have little faith in it happening.

Posted

So I guess the scouts were right to pass on Tom Brady as much as 6 times in the draft, to pass on Tony Romo altogether, to let Russell Wilson sit for 3 rounds, etc?

Brady is an exception...

You can you an exception to disprove just about any standard. The league showed in the draft Jimmy wasn't highly viewed.

Russell Wilson was viewed as a much better college QB. There are some questions about transitioning to the NFL that only playing will answer. If Wilson was 4 inches taller....he would have been a first rounder