Photo
- - - - -

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#145 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

I think if Carolina really wanted Mike Wallace....they wouldn't be waiting to make some of their more obvious cap moves.

#146 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

What about adding a top TE to the passing game? Maybe that is what he meant by "warm." OR maybe that this is the time of year everyone has a poker face and misleads the media.

I think we will add a free agent WR, but I hope it is not Wallace. I think the WR we bring in is on a roster now and will be cut during the next 2 weeks.

In line with that thinking:

http://profootballta...rom-the-giants/

I'm sure he's been mentioned before, but it almost makes too much sense not to happen. Good blocker, good enough receiver, as the director of pro personnel Gettleman would have been the one making the recommendation to bring him to NY, shouldn't break the bank. If I had to bet on one single FA acquisition happening it'd probably be him.

#147 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Schefter just said that Wallace will likely be the #1 FA overall and if not overall, he is definitely considered the #1 WR available, and he'll obviously want to be paid as such.

I was never in favor of signing him unless he settled for like 5mil per, but for everyone else, there you have it... He's not coming here in case you didn't know that already.