Photo
- - - - -

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#11 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

The kind of speed Wallace brings would open up our offense.....

#12 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

WR,DT, RG, and CB should all be looked at in FA. The truth being we will have to address two or more of those needs in the draft though.

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Also this could be taken more as "we are looking at FA WR's" than "We are looking at signing Mike Wallace".

Could just as easily be Steve Breaston lol.

#14 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Just stop. He cost too much. Nothing to see here.

#15 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

Blessed.

• LocationTre 4, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

I like Wallace, but he's going to cost a ton of money. Probably would rather us go WR first in the draft.

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

I'm sure rivera would like it. thanks to hurney magic and us having two if the most expensive RBs in the league there's no way that's gonna happen.

#17 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

I'd be happy from the standpoint that it shows a shift in philosophy under Gettleman, but I really do not think Wallace is going to be what the hype would have you believe. He is NOT worth what he was asking for. I'd rather address WR in the draft and sign for other positions - CB, DT, etc.

I hear you, but I think that it's gonna be hard to pass up on one of the DTs. Of course Lotulelei has the heart issue going on, nevertheless he, Floyd and Richardson seem to be the real deal. I am not convinced that I would use our top pick on any WR other than Cordarelle Patterson who is seemingly a lock to go to the Jets.

#18 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

I honestly think the Star situation will work out okay and he will be the pick at 14....

Think about this....

Hardy-Edwards- Lotulelei-Johnson
Beason-Keuchly-Davis

That would be a beastly front 7

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Gettleman said we would be filling needs with FA/Trades. And Drafting BPA.

BPA always confuses me. So hypothetically if when we pick Matt Barkley or Geno Smith are still on the board, and by the Panthers draftboard they are the BPA, do we pick Matt Barkley or Geno Smith?

What if it is another middle linebacker? What if Ogletree is on top of our board come time to pick? Do we invest in another ILB?

What if we get to the second round and a RB like Lacy or Bernard slips to our second round pick? Do we take yet another RB?

I understand that you don't want to draft a lesser player just to fill a need, but what happens when BPA on your board is a guy that isn't actually better than the guy you already have because that guy is an established pro bowler?

I think it has to be a balance in the first two rounds, and then go BPA from round 3 through round 7. You have to determine whether a player who is still on the board is so good that you have to pick him over an established high caliber player.

In other words, I wouldn't want to draft in the first two rounds to break even or digress in a position, just because it is the BPA. I want to draft to improve my team, and then go BPA after round 2 when you are usually drafting for roster depth.

#20 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

I honestly think the Star situation will work out okay and he will be the pick at 14....

Think about this....

Hardy-Edwards- Lotulelei-Johnson
Beason-Keuchly-Davis

That would be a beastly front 7

That's why I think we are going DT this year.

Call me crazy, but I don't see Wallace as a true WR1. I am not even sure about Jennings either. But, I believe either would work wonderfully as long as Smith is still playing at a high level. Thing is, I think that we'd be in a similar situation---needing to draft a WR---in a couple of years if we were "lucky" enough to get either 1 of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users