Photo
- - - - -

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
146 replies to this topic

#37 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Depending on how hew the contract is designed (performance based loaded) we may have a chance. He is a touchdown scorer, he is a gameplan changer (more room to run) He will attract every teams best DB and Smitty could have a monster year again. He loves to CATCH the ball unlike some WRs we have. He would instantly change the look of our offense.

#38 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

you can't spell Mayock without MC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

I would love to have him here, but I think Rivera was referring to signing a receiver in general. Either way the position needs to be addressed this season. Most of the media thinks Miami will sign Wallace to a big contract, which I don't understand considering they not long ago traded away Brandon Marshall for peanuts.

I think the Marshall exit was more about off field and the combo of a new regime. As for Wallace, Miami might be the favorite, but I wouldn't count out that new Patriot cap space being used to take a stab

#39 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

huh? he put off drafting WR's?

2012 Joe Adams
2011 Kealoha Pilares
2010 Brandon LaFell
2010 David Gettis

Marty Hurney drafted 2 WRs. LaFell and Jarrett...and never a 1st rounder on one.

The rest where shots in the dark or meant to be heavy special team players.

#40 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

I know Miami really wants Wallace because Tannehill desperately needs someone to throw to so I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the most money at him to come

Cam needs someone to throw too also though...and Mike Wallace would be more open here in Carolina

#41 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

I think the Marshall exit was more about off field and the combo of a new regime. As for Wallace, Miami might be the favorite, but I wouldn't count out that new Patriot cap space being used to take a stab

Pats picking up Wallace and keeping Welker; their TE's and Brady; dang, thats a little scary.

#42 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

I think he was referring to a quality #1, someone who could take over for Steve when the times comes.

Because Steve Smith was drafted in the first? You guys are to quick to judge. Carolina has a nice crew of young WR to groom. Lafell is coming along. Joe Adams will be a beast.

#43 chknwing

chknwing

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Marty Hurney drafted 2 WRs. LaFell and Jarrett...and never a 1st rounder on one.

The rest where shots in the dark or meant to be heavy special team players.

Wasnt Steve Smith drafted to be a Punt Returner?

#44 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

NFL.com reads the Huddle.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ke-mike-wallace

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

True. Though I haven't heard any trouble since he's been in Chicago.

Possible but you don't think the Pats will resign Welker? He's 31 but I don't think they'll let him walk.

#46 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Wasnt Steve Smith drafted to be a Punt Returner?

Hurney didn't draft him....

and Steve Smith is what you would call stumbling upon gold (like a Tom Brady). Unfortunately, we act as if we can replace Smith in the same manner we found him.

#47 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Because Steve Smith was drafted in the first? You guys are to quick to judge. Carolina has a nice crew of young WR to groom. Lafell is coming along. Joe Adams will be a beast.

Was smitty drafted by Hurney? and lol Lafell is a #3 and Adams has A LOT of work to do if you think he'll even compete for #1.

#48 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah sometimes you can get lucky. Steve is an exception to the rule, he has a ridiculous drive.

We can go through the laundry list of Hurney's WR picks but it is a waste of time, you know the names.

Outside of Smitty and Lafell who I like but he is inconsistent, who do we have that is such a threat?