Photo
- - - - -

Coach Rivera hints at signing Mike Wallace (edited to include link)

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#91 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Sign Wallace and still draft Austin at 14 would be love then OL or Secondary in the second round.

#92 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Can't go into any thread now days withoutbsomeone blaming everything on Hurney. Fox is so thankful that you have another target for misplaced anger.

Saying Hurney never drafted a #1 receiver is such a general statement.
Hurney had the luxury of having Steve Smith.
Ya don't waste high picks on receivers when Steve Smith is on your team, and there have been other needs. I can't even think of a receiver that was BPA when we've picked in the first rounds.

He drafted receivers. Is it his fault they didn't work out? evidently yes.
Never mind Scouts do most of the actual work of scouting players.

I can go on with more points that destroy your opinion, but I must get back to work.

Hurney got fired for a reason. Our team is in cap hell and with holes all over it for a reason.....Implying Hurney doesn't deserve poo is poo.

Teams that want WRs.....move to get them. Tons of examples of that.

It is flawed to just say look at the draft order in year X and claim there wasn't a WR to take. Hurney moved and traded picks very questionably. Take 2009 for example...late first round had Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, Britt go off the board. How nice would Nicks of been? I can't keep track....did position for one of those guys go toward Otah or Brown?

Also, you can look in our own division to disprove your, if you have Steve Smith you don't need to draft recievers. Atl had Roddy White.....gave up an arm and a leg for Jones.

#93 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,538 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hurney got fired for a reason. Our team is in cap hell and with holes all over it for a reason.....Implying Hurney doesn't deserve poo is poo.

Exactly. How people can defend Hurney is beyond my comprehension. That guy has our *** in a ringer for the next 3 years and people still want to defend a guy who was attempting to trade up to get Jimmy Clausen. The guy publicly defended his own draft picks by giving them ridiculous contracts (I'm looking at you Godfrey!).

#94 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,512 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Teams that want WRs.....move to get them. Tons of examples of that.

It is flawed to just say look at the draft order in year X and claim there wasn't a WR to take. Hurney moved and traded picks very questionably. Take 2009 for example...late first round had Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, Britt go off the board. How nice would Nicks of been? I can't keep track....did position for one of those guys go toward Otah or Brown?

Amazing, how many people are still willing to defend Fox and Hurney, I am truly baffled at it.

#95 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,754 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Not defending Hurney. Just laughing all the hate and blame he gets over fans perceptions of things.

#96 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

I was hoping for Al Wallace

#97 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

has actually response really didn't leave hope in this signing. But I do think WR is priority! I did get that out of his response.

#98 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,538 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Not defending Hurney. Just laughing all the hate and blame he gets over fans perceptions of things.

So Hurney shouldn't be blamed for our cap mess and shitty draft classes like 2009 and 2010? Come on man.

#99 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

The number of recievers in the draft that we've passed on over the years for picks that are no longer on the team or in the NFL is sickening. Could have had Wallace over Everette Brown and STILL had a 1st round pick in 2010. With that said, I do not want Mike Wallace. He's going to cost a good bit of money, and is another headcase wideout. I honestly think we can afford to develop a 1st round pick WR who can immediately step into the slot and gradually work his way up. Patterson honestly seems like the best fit, Cam need a big, fast guy who can leap for the ball, and he's shown so much potential.

If they expect to have enough money to sign Wallace, I rather divide that in 1/2 and get a Tier 2 corner and DT, and draft WR and OL.

#100 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,643 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

this team will upgrade the WR position this offseason. has to.

#101 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

I do think based off our history of drafting receivers, we are gonna have to take one in the first if we ever hope to upgrade the position much less replace steve smith once he retires.

#102 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Exactly. How people can defend Hurney is beyond my comprehension. That guy has our *** in a ringer for the next 3 years and people still want to defend a guy who was attempting to trade up to get Jimmy Clausen. The guy publicly defended his own draft picks by giving them ridiculous contracts (I'm looking at you Godfrey!).

No one could have predicted Jimmy Clausen would have been that big of a bust. He was one of the top quarterbacks rated in that draft at that time. They say Hindsight is 20/20.

#103 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

No one could have predicted Jimmy Clausen would have been that big of a bust. He was one of the top quarterbacks rated in that draft at that time. They say Hindsight is 20/20.

He was always a risky choice.

#104 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yes you could.

If he was a top rated QB....he wouldn't of had every team in the NFL pass o him and some doing it twice (while needing a QB). That doesn't happen in today's game with good QBs. That is evidence he wasn't a top rated QB. A bad QB who the media bs'd about.

#105 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,353 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yes you could.

If he was a top rated QB....he wouldn't of had every team in the NFL pass o him and some doing it twice (while needing a QB). That doesn't happen in today's game with good QBs. That is evidence he wasn't a top rated QB. A bad QB who the media bs'd about.

So I guess the scouts were right to pass on Tom Brady as much as 6 times in the draft, to pass on Tony Romo altogether, to let Russell Wilson sit for 3 rounds, etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com