6 replies to this topic

#1 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,112 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

I'm just saying. I'm hoping this is just a shallow dip, but as the construction industry goes, the rest of the economy seems to follow.

If we hit another recession, what steps can we realistically take? The fed could double down it's bond purchases, I suppose, but the law of diminishing returns is really starting to take hold on the fed's current course of action. The fed's balance sheet is at all-time highs and increasing every month, and yet the effect of such action keeps fading.

Can Obama pass another round of stimulus? Bailouts? I doubt it, his PR can't take adding another quick trillion to the national debt.

I think our next recession will have to be an exercise in bullet-biting.

#2 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

I think hiring more government workers and raising taxes is a tried a true cure for any economy. We can do it over and over, because we all know government workers are worth their weight in gold and we as a nation do not pay nearly enough.

#3 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I agree, it's slowing again. This is usually our busy time of year and all I hear is crickets.

Does Obama care about his PR now? He's not getting re-elected... Biden can't get elected. Does he care that he'll hurt his party at this point? I don't know.

#4 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,046 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

How much of that is due to Obama's looming Sequester cuts I wonder. It seems that everyone is a little paranoid right now.

Perhaps if both sides come to a workable solution, things will start to pick up. Not that I think they will, but one can hope. My guess is that the cuts will go into effect for a short time, and then both sides will agree to kick it down the road again.

#5 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Wouldnt be surprised to see another dip. Europe's economy never really recovered as well as ours did, and if the rest of the world doesnt pick things up soon I could see the US following suit

Making cuts wont help the economy, but we may have no other choice but to ride this out

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,985 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

check out the coupon indicator

http://www.cnbc.com/...On_Crash_Course

#7 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_Let's Go Royals!_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,341 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I think hiring more government workers and raising taxes is a tried a true cure for any economy. We can do it over and over, because we all know government workers are worth their weight in gold and we as a nation do not pay nearly enough.

But the print industry will be golden printing twenties and hundies as the debt soars towards 20 trillion dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com