Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So it's the offseason - Is Jimmy Clausen's career salvageable?

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Doesn't really matter...he has been getting paid far more than most here will make in a lifetime to sit on his azz.

Folks can crap on him all they like...but at the end of the day he ain't doing bad. Millions in the bank, a degree..and still young enough to leave/get booted out of the NFL and have some other type of career.

Posted

I appreciate the bravery it took to start this thread hepcat. Clausen trashing is such a popular sport here.

I have a lot of respect for Clausen because the way he has handled himself. He has turned out to be a classy guy. (Not what was expected). He was thrown in to a terrible situation. I would like to see him get with a team, as Mr Scot said, with a WCO, and have a chance. A career as a number 2 is not a bad one. This was never the place for him. Hope he gets a chance somewhere and I hope he is successful.

that I will agree, seems like a nice kid that was wrongly painted one way entering the league....he just can't play.

When the going gets tough guys show their colors. Clausen is an alright dude.

1 person likes this

Posted

Every NFL team had a shot to draft Clausen

and didn't. That's completely different than how the league felt about Steve Young when he came in.

Posted

I still think pickles could be a good QB

Posted

uuUsn.gifjimmy%20clausen%20black%20eye.jpg

Posted

Jimmy Clausen I think holds a NFL passing record. 299 consecutive pass attempts without a TD to a WR

Posted

Clausen is a hemroid

Posted

The success jimmy clausen has in the future is on himself. Is he willing to look at his mistakes and strive to get better or is he content with getting backup salery and sitting on the bench in street clothes. Every quarterback in the league has a chance to be great you have to put in your very best and more to achieve that success you dreamed of when you first got drafted.

Posted

Still think he's as capable of a back up as anyone could be here right now unless you're going to find a poor man's Cam newton out there with a similar skill set.

Posted

Nope. He is too fuging scared, and you can see it. He CANNOT lead a team, people like to poo on Cam for his demeanor, but at least he's fearless.

Posted

it was only preseason but clausen looked like a different quarterback last year

Posted

it was only preseason but clausen looked like a different quarterback last year

When you play against guys who will be working for UPS....that can happen

1 person likes this