Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anheuser-Busch Sued for Over-watering down their Beer

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This shall not stand!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-26/ab-inbev-overstates-alcohol-in-budweiser-lawsuit-claims.html

Anheuser-Busch InBev NV (ABI), the world’s biggest brewer, was sued by consumers in three U.S. states for allegedly overstating the alcohol content in its Budweiser beer.

AB InBev’s St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch Cos. routinely adds extra water to its finished products to produce malt beverages with significantly less alcohol content than displayed on its labels, violating state statutes on consumer protection, according to in a complaint filed yesterday in federal court in Philadelphia. Similar lawsuits were filed in federal courts in New Jersey and San Francisco.

“AB’s customers are overcharged for watered-down beer and AB is unjustly enriched by the additional volume it can sell,” Thomas and Gerald Greenberg said in the Philadelphia complaint.

AB InBev, the maker of Budweiser and Stella Artois, controls 39 percent of the U.S. beer market. The company is seeking government approval to buy the rest of Grupo Modelo SAB, Mexico’s largest beermaker, for $20.1 billion. The Modelo brands account for 7 percent of the U.S. market. AB InBev shipped 98.5 million barrels in the U.S. in 2011, according to Beer Marketer’s Insights.

Posted · Report post

cow piss anyway. I've never liked Bud

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The new Black Crown is pretty decent, well above any other Bud product I have tried. I will try anything once, twice if I like it... Ive only ever had 1 of any flavor Budweiser...

Posted · Report post

their american lager they had awhile back wasn't bad either.

Posted · Report post

The new Black Crown is pretty decent, well above any other Bud product I have tried. I will try anything once, twice if I like it... Ive only ever had 1 of any flavor Budweiser...

give me Crown Black over Black Crown anyday!!! see what I did there?!

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

budweiser sucks... but that's ridiculous and I doubt very much that it's true.

Posted · Report post

AB hasn't made a decent beer in over a century. It's a fuging crime that they can even label their product as beer.

Posted · Report post

Anheuser Busch is horrible in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised at this really.

Posted · Report post

AB, Miller, Coors, they all suck.

Posted · Report post

cow piss anyway. I've never liked Bud

I love me a beer.

But there's no way I'll drink that Budweiser rice beer shyt.

Posted · Report post

somewhere Adolph Coors is going YEEES.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments