Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammerin'Cameron34

Dwayne Bowe off the list?

26 posts in this topic

Bowe shouldn't be on our list regardless. Overrated and he isn't too bright.

Oh look someone else suggesting we sign an old injury prone expensive receiver. Jennings? NO.

Dude, he was never on our list. So is Jennings or Wallace.

I didn't want Bowe anyways

Dwaaaaaayne Bowe...Dwayyyyynneee Boweeee....Dwayne Bowe come and me want to go home.

Alexander was easily the second best rookie on the team last season. Completely worth the draft pick and trade.

If Alexander develops how I think he will, it means we can potentially avoid overpaying for Hardy. I love the Kraken, but if we want to be a legit franchise, we have to be prepared to let some players walk while developing young talent behind them.

Not walk, but trade for picks like real franchises do. No Peppers fiasco again. When the time comes, we should be in position to trade a highly sought after DE - Charles, Hardy or Alexander.

My god, seeing a team like the 49ers have 15 picks and five of them in the top 93 is just fuging nuts. I like Frank Alexander, but we should have kept our 3rd fuging rounder, so much depth in the 3rd round this year......and we gave them our pick.

I wonder what the possibility is of trading down a little bit in exchange for a 3rd because you are right, there is going to be a lot of talent in the 3rd

Where are did all the NO CAP people go? Did I miss something or do we actually have a shot at Wallace, Bowe, Jennings, etc?

The next 2 weeks will feature a bunch of players getting cut. Then a week of overspending. Then we look and get a deal. I said this in another thread--we should get a stud TE to play opposite Olsen.

Here is what bothers me....

We say we go after projects in the bottom half of the draft, but when we draft them, everyone expects immediate results or they want to get someone else. Gettis showed signs as a rookie-with Clausen--he was as good as Lafell, but he has been banged up. Adams has some talent---written off. Pilares? Nope.

If I am Gettlemen, I take a long look at 2 TE sets and consider drafting stud, maybe trading down and taking the TE from notre dame.

We need a #1 WR, so bringing in another role player is not smart.

What about Bryant, the 6 foot 5 WR (TE from Morgan State) who has huge hands and runs a 4.4? What about Rosario, the receiving TE who had over 1100 yards at UCLA in 2011? What do we have there?

I am curious because it seems we have a lot of talent, just no #1 WR of the future.

Anyone, ANYONE who is a legitmate WR that isn't a ???. That's all I ask..

The next 2 weeks will feature a bunch of players getting cut. Then a week of overspending. Then we look and get a deal. I said this in another thread--we should get a stud TE to play opposite Olsen.

Here is what bothers me....

We say we go after projects in the bottom half of the draft, but when we draft them, everyone expects immediate results or they want to get someone else. Gettis showed signs as a rookie-with Clausen--he was as good as Lafell, but he has been banged up. Adams has some talent---written off. Pilares? Nope.

If I am Gettlemen, I take a long look at 2 TE sets and consider drafting stud, maybe trading down and taking the TE from notre dame.

We need a #1 WR, so bringing in another role player is not smart.

What about Bryant, the 6 foot 5 WR (TE from Morgan State) who has huge hands and runs a 4.4? What about Rosario, the receiving TE who had over 1100 yards at UCLA in 2011? What do we have there?

I am curious because it seems we have a lot of talent, just no #1 WR of the future.

Watching the combine there were a couple TE's that looked promising, though I didn't notice anyone who shined or made the media talk about him.

I dont think he or any other high cost FA was ever on our list.We may have room for a mid tier FA or maybe 2