<

Photo
- - - - -

Dwayne Bowe off the list?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#16 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Dwaaaaaayne Bowe...Dwayyyyynneee Boweeee....Dwayne Bowe come and me want to go home.

#17 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Alexander was easily the second best rookie on the team last season. Completely worth the draft pick and trade.

#18 Navy_football

Navy_football

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

If Alexander develops how I think he will, it means we can potentially avoid overpaying for Hardy. I love the Kraken, but if we want to be a legit franchise, we have to be prepared to let some players walk while developing young talent behind them.

Not walk, but trade for picks like real franchises do. No Peppers fiasco again. When the time comes, we should be in position to trade a highly sought after DE - Charles, Hardy or Alexander.

#19 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

My god, seeing a team like the 49ers have 15 picks and five of them in the top 93 is just fuging nuts. I like Frank Alexander, but we should have kept our 3rd fuging rounder, so much depth in the 3rd round this year......and we gave them our pick.

I wonder what the possibility is of trading down a little bit in exchange for a 3rd because you are right, there is going to be a lot of talent in the 3rd

#20 panthers90

panthers90

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

Where are did all the NO CAP people go? Did I miss something or do we actually have a shot at Wallace, Bowe, Jennings, etc?

#21 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

The next 2 weeks will feature a bunch of players getting cut. Then a week of overspending. Then we look and get a deal. I said this in another thread--we should get a stud TE to play opposite Olsen.

Here is what bothers me....
We say we go after projects in the bottom half of the draft, but when we draft them, everyone expects immediate results or they want to get someone else. Gettis showed signs as a rookie-with Clausen--he was as good as Lafell, but he has been banged up. Adams has some talent---written off. Pilares? Nope.

If I am Gettlemen, I take a long look at 2 TE sets and consider drafting stud, maybe trading down and taking the TE from notre dame.

We need a #1 WR, so bringing in another role player is not smart.

What about Bryant, the 6 foot 5 WR (TE from Morgan State) who has huge hands and runs a 4.4? What about Rosario, the receiving TE who had over 1100 yards at UCLA in 2011? What do we have there?

I am curious because it seems we have a lot of talent, just no #1 WR of the future.

#22 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Anyone, ANYONE who is a legitmate WR that isn't a ???. That's all I ask..

#23 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

The next 2 weeks will feature a bunch of players getting cut. Then a week of overspending. Then we look and get a deal. I said this in another thread--we should get a stud TE to play opposite Olsen.

Here is what bothers me....
We say we go after projects in the bottom half of the draft, but when we draft them, everyone expects immediate results or they want to get someone else. Gettis showed signs as a rookie-with Clausen--he was as good as Lafell, but he has been banged up. Adams has some talent---written off. Pilares? Nope.

If I am Gettlemen, I take a long look at 2 TE sets and consider drafting stud, maybe trading down and taking the TE from notre dame.

We need a #1 WR, so bringing in another role player is not smart.

What about Bryant, the 6 foot 5 WR (TE from Morgan State) who has huge hands and runs a 4.4? What about Rosario, the receiving TE who had over 1100 yards at UCLA in 2011? What do we have there?

I am curious because it seems we have a lot of talent, just no #1 WR of the future.

Watching the combine there were a couple TE's that looked promising, though I didn't notice anyone who shined or made the media talk about him.

#24 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I dont think he or any other high cost FA was ever on our list.We may have room for a mid tier FA or maybe 2

#25 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Somewhere...over the Dwayne Bowe

My favorite fantasy football name of all time, but I believe it should be read as....

Somewhere over Da-Wayne Bowe

#26 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Armond Smith mentioned him earlier in an AMA, said he was a really good player and probably the most underrated guy on the Panthers. Maybe they just let Bryant incubate a bit last season because he was too raw? But you can't deny the dude has every physical attribute you could hope to ask for.