Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex Smith Traded To The Chiefs (How This Could Effect The Panthers Draft)

90 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23' timestamp='1361990326' post='2146503']
The Chiefs will regret passing up on Geno Smith for years to come.
[/quote]

What makes you think Chiefs still wont draft Geno Smith? Geno is very raw and not ready to start.

Posted · Report post

or this...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ogp2Q.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

I think Alex Smith will do well in KC with Reid to mentor him. Look at how Reid took Vick and actually made him a legitimate player. hee also made Kolb look better than he was. KC has a decent defense and a good running game. Wouldn't be surprised to see kC make a big jump this year in wins.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtm' timestamp='1361990480' post='2146509']

What makes you think Chiefs still wont draft Geno Smith? Geno is very raw and not ready to start.
[/quote]

Who's dumb enough to take Geno over Jockel or Fisher when you have Alex already?

Posted · Report post

Remember when Smith was talking all that crap about Cam and the Panthers this time last year?

LOL!

The guy was universally labled a bust for 5-6 years until they got the pieces around him. He's a very efficient QB when he has a top 5 RB, maybe the best OL, maybe the best TE, and maybe the best defense in the NFL....and they still took a guy over him based off a 8 game resume. LOL.

The niners should be charged with larceny based on the fact they got a 2nd rounder for him. Wow.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1361990591' post='2146513']
I think Alex Smith will do well in KC with Reid to mentor him. Look at how Reid took Vick and actually made him a legitimate player. hee also made Kolb look better than he was. KC has a decent defense and a good running game. Wouldn't be surprised to see kC make a big jump this year in wins.
[/quote]

Yup. KC can def be a sleeper team.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1361990591' post='2146513']
I think Alex Smith will do well in KC with Reid to mentor him.
[/quote]

He will be 29 when the season starts this year.

Posted · Report post

What I've taken from this is FIFTEEN

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jtm' timestamp='1361990480' post='2146509']

[/quote]that would be essentially two first round picks (#34 is essentially a first rounder) QBs in a row...in the same draft. sorry....not gonna happen.

Posted · Report post

I'd love to trade back and pick up Tavon Austin at #31. Lots of potential targerts there to be honest....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Montsta' timestamp='1361989601' post='2146487']
Just goes to show you how quickly things turn around. The 49ers had a decade of futility hovering around 7-9 and now they've go a solid, young team and are a perennial playoff team with draft picks and no cap issues. We could get there one day.
[/quote]

It seemed to turn around the instant they got an excellent coach. I don't find that to be a coincidence.

Posted · Report post

Wow, Ried butt fuged the Cards into taking Kolb for a 2nd rounder, now he's being butt fuged to take Alex Smith? Poetic justice? Sweet Irony? Sheer stupidity? WTF is going on?