Photo
- - - - -

Alex Smith Traded To The Chiefs (How This Could Effect The Panthers Draft)

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#71 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Wow.

Tom Brady v. Alex Smith.

What is YOUR point?

Obviously you saw the tree but missed the forest if you think my comment is comparing Brady to Smith from a talent perspective. Quarterbacks don't decline at 30 in fact many are their most productive in their 30s. Most quarterbacks don't really understand what they are doing until their mid to late 20s. Like many huddlers you have to have it spelled it for you which is why I made my sig.

#72 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

The Smith bashing really shows how little people here know about how Smith was doing when he got injured. His stats for 2012 show he started 9 games and during that time he completed 70% of his passes, had 13 Tds versus 5 Ints and had a passer rating of 104. They were even better numbers than last year when he started 16 games, completed 61% of his passes, had 17 TDs to 5 Ints and a passer rating of 91.

He was the best option out there in free agency by far. He will likely end up more successful that any quarterback in this draft class.

#73 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

we are doing the league a favor if we go CB.

We need offensive help at WR.

#74 panthernation23

panthernation23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

My thoughts are they have 15 and we have a fuging handful. Pisses me off. Stockpiling picks and drafting a lot of talent is the way to compete. See Patriots.

OR

Stock pile Probowl veterens, dont give out ludicrus contracts, cut people that are bad for team atmosphere. Cut all but 1 or 2 rookies.

Pretty sure thats the way NE successful

New England drafting over the past 8 years has sucked.

#75 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• LocationRaleigh,NC
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Wow.

Tom Brady v. Alex Smith.

What is YOUR point?

We sighed Jake Dellhome when he was 29 went to a SB that year..........

#76 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• LocationLas Vegas, NV
HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

The 9ers having 15 picks (or whatever ridiculous number it is) is actually too many, especially for a team stacked with talent and little holes. You'd end up cutting half of them anyway (even some of them that look promising). Given that their first pick isn't until 31 their situation just screams "trade up".

By the trade value chart #14 for #31 + #34 is pretty close to a straight up trade (we come out slightly ahead but not by much). I'd take it. Let's make this sh-t happen Gettleman.

#77 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Smith is a decent player but for the money he'll cost, the 33rd pick this year AND a conditional pick between the 2nd and 3rd round next year? L O fuging L. You just got a guy that's thrown for 300+ yards 3 times in an 8 year career and didn't start to "get it" until he got an elite OLine and Defense. Also, hope KC has a Vernon Davis hiding on their roster somewhere.

#78 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• LocationSouth Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Smith is an instant upgrade in KC and I see nothing wrong with this move. KC has defensive talent and now a solid QB. Add a couple offensive weapons and they will compete, especially with Reid. If I was a KC fan I'd be happy. As said nothing says they won't draft a QB, maybe they will but want him to sit. Or maybe Alex to mentor him. Whatever the case, there is no Cam or Luck or RG3 and there won't be a better QB FA they can pick so it's not a horrible move IMO. QB is one of the most important positions and they are keeping that in mind by doing what they have to.

#79 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

Cassel was an "instant upgrade" too.

There were no QB's worth taking in this draft and KC panicked. A second is laughable. A second and a mid rounder is the Cheifs.

#80 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

We sighed Jake Dellhome when he was 29 went to a SB that year..........

That's the exception not the rule. That rarely happens. They were better off just drafting their own guy and developing him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users