Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Bwood's Highly Anticipated Post Combine Mock (2/27/13)

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,544 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I do really like the mock overall. Trufant is going to be damn good but at 14, we really should go BPA. Though some could make the case that Trufant would be BPA. It would just be a huge reach for me personally

#17 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,737 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Bwoods "highly anticipated" post combine mock draft.......only in Bwoods mind

That said. If those players you mentioned are still available are on the board, Trufant would be my last choice.
Overall pretty good mock though. Like jesse williams a lot. Don't think he'll be there at our second round pick though.

#18 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

They may be available.
If they are, would you still take Trufant over them? I hope not. CB is a huge need also but I would not go Trufant if Rhodes or Banks is on the board.

I'm not bashing you idiot. But this is just probably the worst mock Ive seen in a long time and it just had to come from you

But I love Jesse in the 2nd. Kudos and Pie to you

Explain how it's the worst mock of all time? Especially when free agency hasn't even happened yet nor do we know Gettleman's draft strategy.

If Floyd was on the board, I would take him in a heart beat. Rhodes and Trufant are neck and neck for me as far as prospects go, I've admired Trufant for longer though. And like I said PAC 12 corners are very well trained.

Star is an interesting thought, I'm beginning to think he will be available but I don't know if I want to risk a pick on him.

I do not like Vacarro very much, though he is probably the number one safety on our board so it's a possibility.

Like I said this draft is based on where I have players ranked and what our biggest needs are.

Trufant is going to be a hell of a player and I am one if the first if many to rank him this high, and deservingly so.

#19 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

might change the dt to brandon or sylvester williams

if you go late wr i rather have KING T lol (wouldnt mind stills though)

actually i have to go watch more tape on chris harper.....

i really like uzzi as a late guard but winters seems great too.

maybe you could switch motta with wolff,lagrande or duke.....

i like sturgis slightly better than hopkins...just seems more clutch and always hits the sure goals.

you wouldnt consider trading back for extra picks?

It was a toss up between Brandon and Jesse, but I figured we wouldn't wanna become notorious for taking chances on small school guys in the 2nd round.

I don't like to do mock drafts with trade backs because that's even sillier than doing a mock draft. I would like us to trade back, though.

#20 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

If harper is there in the 5th, I will jizz in my pants.

#21 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Like Brandon williams alot, but I agree with the whole small school thing

#22 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,358 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Rhodes > Trufant otherwise I wouldn't completely hate it.

#23 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I like Trufant as well. Sad that two months ago people thought he'd be a reach in the 2nd and now he's arguably the #2 CB on the board. Honestly I'd rather take the Lotuleilei, Warford/Hunter/Patton path.

#24 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I really like the mock there are a million different ways this could go and if this is the way it goes I would be perfectly happy. I love Williams in the second I am quite surprised that he coul fall this low.

#25 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Rhodes > Trufant otherwise I wouldn't completely hate it.

I have Rhodes to Tampa right before us.

#26 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,829 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

I don't watch that much PAC 12 so I don't really have an opinion on Trufant. If this was our current draft we would HAVE to sign a safety in free agency, we can not compete with Nakamura and Martin (if here or healthy) as our starters next year

#27 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Round 2 pick 45, The Carolina Panthers select...

Jesse Williams, NT - Alabama: At the beginning of the drat process, I suspected Williams would lock up a top 15 draft selection. He was projected to break Stephen Paea's bench press record, and display his rare athleticism at this weeks combine, and though he might have drastically underachieved his expected amount of reps, Jesse still ran very well for his size and showed excellent upper body strength He's a pure run stuffer, and a very good one with a nonstop motor, but he's a Nose Tackle that didn't blow up the combine like Dontari Poe so he will slip to the second round. Jesse Williams is the ideal replacement for Ron Edwards, and with our first two picks in the draft we would have solidified our defensive unit for a long while.

(Other option's: Larry Warford, Justin Hunter, John Jenkins, Menelik Watson)

Posted Image

#28 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

As you stated Wood, I would like to see a playmaker on offense early. Either 1st or 2nd round would be ideal, but Trufant may very well be BPA at that point. I love Jesse Williams. Chris Harper is another guy that I really like...love the physicality of that guy. Not what I would like to see, but solid and realistic.

#29 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Posted Image

CBS sports has Jesse down for a 4.94 weighing in at 323 lbs.

#30 Moose Hoover

Moose Hoover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:48 AM

I watched the entire combine and I didn't see Jesse...I know he benched but I don't think he participated in anything else. I could be wrong though, can somebody confirm?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.