Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chris Gamble

84 posts in this topic

Posted

49ers. They have an assload of picks as well.

How much does revis make a year?

Posted

I don't see any team wanting him with that contract.

All you have to pay him is 7.95 million in 2013 and 8.9 in 2014. Since none of it is guaranteed you aren't obligated to pay him any of that and you will likely get him for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Pretty cheap really. If we were not in cap hell we wouldn't be letting him go,

Posted

Broncos.

Fox benched him....

Posted

All you have to pay him is 7.95 million in 2013 and 8.9 in 2014. Since none of it is guaranteed you aren't obligated to pay him any of that and you will likely get him for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Pretty cheap really. If we were not in cap hell we wouldn't be letting him go,

Are you talking about us? Or another team. We can't afford him anymore and i dont see another team paying that much for the production he would have

Posted

He can negotiate a new deal with a potential trade partner. That would not be a significant obstacle.

Keep in mind he has no sure earnings if cut, so he would probably take a modest deal with a nice chunk of upfront money.

Posted

Hard to trade a guy teams KNOW you have to cut

Posted

He can negotiate a new deal with a potential trade partner. That would not be a significant obstacle.

Keep in mind he has no sure earnings if cut, so he would probably take a modest deal with a nice chunk of upfront money.

Hmm...thats good to know

Posted

Are you talking about us? Or another team. We can't afford him anymore and i dont see another team paying that much for the production he would have

For someone else, assuming they didn't renegotiate his contract as a condition of a trade. Our cap hit is 10.9 million because we are still obligated to pay the last of the guaranteed money. So for us it is too much but for a team with a lot more cap space who doesn't want to shell out a bunch of guaranteed money it could make good sense.

Posted

Gamble is not over rated but he is coming off and injury and he is old by NFL standards. Not going to get much in a trade.

Posted

For someone else, assuming they didn't renegotiate his contract as a condition of a trade. Our cap hit is 10.9 million because we are still obligated to pay the last of the guaranteed money. So for us it is too much but for a team with a lot more cap space who doesn't want to shell out a bunch of guaranteed money it could make good sense.

So from what i'm hearing from others we could essentially cut him, and then sign him for a cheaper deal assuming no one else snags him. What is his cap hit to just cut him? From what i understand some of that guaranteed money is a cap hit but you can spread it around? This stuff is really confusing, i've just now begun to understand it. I initially thought we could just cut him and not take that big cap hit.

Posted

who knows maybe the 9ers will give us our 3rd back for Gamble /wishful thinking

Posted

Gamble is not over rated but he is coming off and injury and he is old by NFL standards. Not going to get much in a trade.

Depends on how you define overrated. He lived up to what we paid him to be one year.