83 replies to this topic

#76 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

nah, doesn't work like that. Way to early regardless to IR a kid for next year...hope isn't lost in the NFL at 1-5.

They have let Steve Smith play with all sorts of nagging injuries in horrible seasons.....

Disagree. He was gonna be out several weeks for sure. But if we weren't 1-5, he would've come back. If we had a shot at playoffs and him returning in week 12 or so, they wouldn't have put him on the shelf.

#77 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,474 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Disagree. He was gonna be out several weeks for sure. But if we weren't 1-5, he would've come back. If we had a shot at playoffs and him returning in week 12 or so, they wouldn't have put him on the shelf.

Hope isn't gone at 1-5 in this league.

#78 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

It is when we were already placing Beason and Kalil on IR too.

#79 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

But no reason to argue in circles. I think we keep him. I hope we keep him. Regardless, I trust Gettlemen to make the right call.

#80 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,474 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

in 2010 we were 2-12.....Fox was essentially fired, Jimmy Clausen was playing QB. We still suited up guys better than Gamble.

I don't buy Rivera/Hurney IR'd Gamble that early....in what was already becoming a hotseat year.

#81 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

in 2010 we were 2-12.....Fox was essentially fired, Jimmy Clausen was playing QB. We still suited up guys better than Gamble.

I don't buy Rivera/Hurney IR'd Gamble that early....in what was already becoming a hotseat year.

Yes, but none of them had bad shoulder separations and were gonna be out 5-10 weeks anyway.

#82 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

So we cut him, then what? Pick up a free agent CB? Thomas and Norman as our starting corners? Or will we pick up a Free Agent? I would rather try and get him to renegotiate then to have to try and find a replacement for him. Unless you are 100% sure we get Mathieu or Milliner I believe we are hurting ourselves letting Gamble go.

#83 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,474 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

So we cut him, then what? Pick up a free agent CB? Thomas and Norman as our starting corners? Or will we pick up a Free Agent? I would rather try and get him to renegotiate then to have to try and find a replacement for him. Unless you are 100% sure we get Mathieu or Milliner I believe we are hurting ourselves letting Gamble go.

I'd rather cut Williams than Gamble. Neither have long left in the tank....rather have decent CB play for a year.

#84 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,389 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

I'd rather cut Williams than Gamble. Neither have long left in the tank....rather have decent CB play for a year.

I am happier with J. Skipper back and what he will bring to our running backs.

We can keep both with come creative cap management. I would love to keep D. Will and Gamble.

Both are far better than what was displayed last year. More importantly the know our schemes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com