#31 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,417 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

I think we are picking a DT if we haven't signed Canty.

Patterson is gonna be a Jet. They are going to dump Revis on the 49ers (who reportedly don't mind a one year rental), and this will seal Patterson's fate. But...if some way he was still on the board at 14 and we didn't pick him, I'd launch a sponge at my TV. LOL.

#32 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

I believe there are more options in the draft than those 5. Don't be silly and think they are only looking at those. Dan Lataraka is the media guy for the Panthers. I can assure you he doesn't know jack poo what Gettleman and Rivera are thinking

#33 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

The new name that will emerge is Desmond Trufant.

Awesome combine to back up his consistent dominance in the PAC 12.

I have watched no game footage from Trufant from this year. I did however spend a lot of time watching him the previous year and he looked scared of RB's, a little afraid to tackle. Ever notice that?

#34 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

I have watched no game footage from Trufant from this year. I did however spend a lot of time watching him the previous year and he looked scared of RB's, a little afraid to tackle. Ever notice that?

I have not noticed that yet, it may be due to his size, but his true shutdown abilities over shadow any run support issues. Kinda the same issue with Chris Gamble.

#35 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,085 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Werner should not be near that list.

#36 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

who knows until we address our FAs

#37 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

Don't want star and his Swiss cheese heart

#38 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,306 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

All the non-college football watching posters are standing out right now.

The SEC could potentially have 12 picks in the first round.

#39 o803oVaDeR

o803oVaDeR

Formerly Known as Dragn0422

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Anyone think Matt Elam will be there for our round 2 selection? I think I like him better than Kenny. If we dont get a safety in the 1st I hope we can get a good one in the second. What do you guys think of Eric Reid? I have really fallen behind this year on doing my research.

#40 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,306 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Anyone think Matt Elam will be there for our round 2 selection? I think I like him better than Kenny. If we dont get a safety in the 1st I hope we can get a good one in the second. What do you guys think of Eric Reid? I have really fallen behind this year on doing my research.

They did a draft projection yesterday on NFLN for Baltimore and they had Elam going there in the 2nd. So that would mean he could be available when we pick based on that specific projection.

#41 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

You must be looking at something different that I am.

Here is a draft which was updated today which shows Warmack at 2, Werner at 5, and Patterson at 10. At our pick we are supposed to take Rhodes at 14. Star is projected at 15 and Vaccaro is 18. So using the BPA philosophy assuming our board looks like theirs, you would pick Warmack first, Werner 2nd, Patterson 3rd. You wouldn't pick Star or Vaccaro because they aren't BPAs.
http://www.cbssports...rospectrankings

Here is another from Gil Brandt who is a smart guy. This one has Werner at 2, Warmack at 10, Vacarro at 15, Patterson at 16, and Star is not even in the first round.
In this case it would be Werner hands down with Warmack second. Everyone else wouldn't necessary be BPA and picked by us at all even if available,

http://www.nfl.com/d...l-brandt/165254

And the problem is that all these drafts and your opinion is based on need not BPA. Why doesn't anyone understand what BPA means. BPA is best player available regardless of need...............

star isn't in the first round because they don't know what is up with his heart, the guy was projected top 5 before the heart issue popped up, it could end up being nothing like it was with Alexander and if so he's top 5.

Drafting BPA is a nice thing to say if you are a team or GM to the fans they want the fans to think "oh our team is set for next year so we can just pick the best player at that spot because we don't have any needs" so they will buy tickets when the next season rolls around. but in reality it's not true, the panthers and any team for that matter are not going to take someone like Geno Smith if he's the BPA and already have a franchise QB it just doesn't work that way, they will pick the BPA to fill one of their needs. And all of those players can be seen to fill a need.

#42 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about so I won't even waste my time. Ill remember to quote your old uneducated ass when Trufant goes top 15.

butt hurt much? if I'm wrong go ahead I don't care, been wrong before so it wouldn't be the first time.

#43 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Kenny V looked slow all year and it showed on his forty time at nearly a 4.7. I would be content with using these first two picks on the trenches or WR. We should address safety in the fourth with one of the guys from Georgia or add the Honey Badger who was the best DB at the combine.

#44 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 4,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Kenny V looked slow all year and it showed on his forty time at nearly a 4.7. I would be content with using these first two picks on the trenches or WR. We should address safety in the fourth with one of the guys from Georgia or add the Honey Badger who was the best DB at the combine.

i think we go Patterson if he drops, the two teams to watch are the Jets and the Chargers, both teams need more weapons on offense but if he slides by them I think we will jump at him.

We need a new WR to be #1 and bad, we can't just keep expecting Smith to show up every year

#45 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,742 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

star isn't in the first round because they don't know what is up with his heart, the guy was projected top 5 before the heart issue popped up, it could end up being nothing like it was with Alexander and if so he's top 5.

Drafting BPA is a nice thing to say if you are a team or GM to the fans they want the fans to think "oh our team is set for next year so we can just pick the best player at that spot because we don't have any needs" so they will buy tickets when the next season rolls around. but in reality it's not true, the panthers and any team for that matter are not going to take someone like Geno Smith if he's the BPA and already have a franchise QB it just doesn't work that way, they will pick the BPA to fill one of their needs. And all of those players can be seen to fill a need.

Star is projected very high assuming his heart checks out. My point was simply that we can't count on that list representing our needs or wishes since I suspect they are still making out their board and much of what we do will depend on who we have on the team come draft time.
As for the whole BPA at a position of need versus just BPA regardless, I started a thread about this because Gettleman said he wasn't going to worry about need, he was going BPA regardless of the position. That is a departure from Hurney and most GMs who obviously go BPA but they do it at a position of need. Obviously you are on the boat that agrees it should be a position of need. As for Geno Smith, he wouldn't be the BPA on our board until we got into the second round. So we wouldn't draft him. But don't be surprised if we do draft a quarterback in the middle rounds. If someone falls quite a bit, we might snap them up as our backup if we think that Clausen is not the one and Anderson goes to Cleveland. It would be interesting if we decide instead of drafting one that we will sign a guy like Matt Moore to a free agent contract.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com