59 replies to this topic

#16 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Well get ready to spend a fortune on lawsuits if it passes because you know the good ole Christian Bible teachers will fail at presenting it in a proper Consitutional manner (by pushing their views) and then lawsuits will ensue.

edit: and don't think all the lawsuits will come from non christians, imagine the denomational differece in Christian theology.

#17 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

We had a literature class in hi school based on the bible

All about structure, etc. BORING

#18 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

I have noticed that lately, the athiest and agnostics are much more anoying and ill intentioned than the Jesus freaks we used to incounter in the 70s. Certianly much more agressive and even hateful.

Facinating. I never reelly thought abowt it like thaat

#19 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,380 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

I have noticed that lately, the athiest and agnostics are much more anoying and ill intentioned than the Jesus freaks we used to incounter in the 70s. Certianly much more agressive and even hateful.

Only to mirror and counter typical southern Baptist-Christians.

The statement of justifying the death of schoolkids by a gunman in Conn. bc prayer is not allowed in school is only from an evil place to promote christianity.

The fact that there are a lot of intrusive laws and policies based on a specific religion to preside over all is archaic: Blue Laws? Cmon..

The attachment to philosophies and worship of primitive deities prevents the progress of society, stagnates science and justifies hate toward members of other religions, races, sexual orientations so yes...it causes an agressive opposition due to frustration. You cannot even debate any more bc there is a "Christian" science of facts..earth's age, why pets n animals have no soul....If you cannot agree on basic facts and reality there is no conversation.

#20 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

lol, what's the very first class that every aggressive atheist is going to sign up for?

these classes are going to be a circus.

#21 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'd sign up and record every class.

Free money!

#22 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

I took Old Testament in High School.

It was taught more or less as a literature class.

Aggressive atheists either didn't sign up for it or had no issues with it while I took it.

Parents didn't complain.

Learned some hebrew and Abraham's extended family tree.

#23 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Where be TBterror doe?

#24 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm curious as to why the author of the bill is specifying the Old and New Testament only. Pretty sure I know the reason though.

I have don't really have a problem with it as long as they offer similar classes using texts of other religions too, but overall it's probably best if they just leave it alone.

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Aggressive atheists either didn't sign up for it or had no issues with it while I took it.

Parents didn't complain.

depends on the teacher... I really don't have any issue with this but i'm not naive to think that people won't use this as a soap box to prosthelytize... that said, i think with the internet... that'll mostly take care of itself.

Personally, I would've loved a class like that when I was in high school...

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm curious as to why the author of the bill is specifying the Old and New Testament only. Pretty sure I know the reason though.

right... that's the rub... we aren't studying christianity as a religion amongst many, we're studying it as the truth... which is why we've left out the apocrypha and other rejected books. It's a subtle difference but it speaks volumes.

#27 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Parents didn't complain.

ours dealt not so much with content but how it was written. daydreaming much in that class

#28 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,961 posts

Parents didn't complain.

I've never met an "agressive" atheist in person only on the internet. However I think that term might need to be defined.

#29 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Well get ready to spend a fortune on lawsuits if it passes because you know the good ole Christian Bible teachers will fail at presenting it in a proper Consitutional manner (by pushing their views) and then lawsuits will ensue.

edit: and don't think all the lawsuits will come from non christians, imagine the denomational differece in Christian theology.

For sure. The lawsuits will continue. Do you have an idea what will stop lawsuits? It's the country we live in today. The people making the rules make their living on lawsuits.

#30 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

It never ceases to amaze me how much my fellow Christians want to ram their philosophies down people's throats.

Did you not read the part that said they would only be "electives"? Only way it would be ramming down anyone's throat is to make it a required course.

As a required course....hell no.

As an elective....meh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com