Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets won't happen

106 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

cool with me.

Posted · Report post

Doesn't surprise me and I'm fine with it.

A bunch of the research was gathered from current season ticket holders, not fringe fans that would only start going regularly once the team changed names. Really, what did any one expect? They asked current die hard Bobcat fans about the name change, not the group of people that want it to happen.

Posted · Report post

I am a family member of someone high up in the front office of the Bobcats and that is the exact opposite of what I have been told. I also work for the Bobcats. But it only comes down to what MJ wants to do. And if he wants to create excitement in the city and around this team for once, he may just do it.

Posted · Report post

Zod always posts the truth.

:nonod:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carpanfan96' timestamp='1362084516' post='2147719']
A bunch of the research was gathered from the [b]people who have actually spent money on the team and likely will in the future[/b], not fringe fans that would [b]supposedly[/b] start going regularly once the team changed names.
[/quote]

Fixed.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='GamecockSmitty4' timestamp='1362093134' post='2147886']
Fixed.
[/quote]

True that.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1362085978' post='2147748']
I am a family member of someone high up in the front office of the Bobcats and that is the exact opposite of what I have been told. I also work for the Bobcats. But it only comes down to what MJ wants to do. And if he wants to create excitement in the city and around this team for once, he may just do it.
[/quote]

DU...not trying to get you to reveal your sources/compromise your employment situation, but can you give us a general overview of what you've heard? All these grains of salt are taking a serious toll on my blood pressure ;)

Posted · Report post

I really can't. That's about the most I can say. They have been VERY VERY strict about not saying a WORD. I wish I could say more, but everyone will find everything out soon enough. Don't stress out about it.

Posted · Report post

HA!!! Stressed?!? Who...ME?!? Nah. Nah...I'm cool.

For real.

:startle: :phew: :phew: :phew:

P.S. - Cheers on the Magnetic Fields reference. Don't see that every day.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1362048379' post='2147100']
Had the chance to chat with a front office guy for the Bobcats. He says all their research shows that getting the hornets name back won't be a profitable long term move.

He says once fans understand that its just the name they get back, not the history, they lose some interest. No Mugsy, Grandmama, Alonzo highlights. No team records. All that stays in Nola. It is still the Bobcats with a new name and a losing record.

Anyways, just a heads up, don't expect the name change.
[/quote]

I don't think there was a single question in the season ticket holder survey that asked about stats and how you feel about the name if you can't have the stats.

I'm not calling total BS but, I can't understand how they have come to that conclusion because it wasn't part of the survey.

I want the name back and couldn't care less about who is the all time assists leader in franchise history.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Klong' timestamp='1362091645' post='2147867']
Zod always posts the truth.

:nonod:
[/quote]

I wish I still knew the smiley code

Posted · Report post

The name has to change, one way or the other. This city is not going to embrace this team when it's named the "Bobcats". So face it, changing to the Hornets is way cheaper than a brand new name.
1 person likes this