Zod always posts the truth.

:nonod:

#17 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

A bunch of the research was gathered from the people who have actually spent money on the team and likely will in the future, not fringe fans that would supposedly start going regularly once the team changed names.

Fixed.

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,514 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Fixed.

True that.

#19 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I am a family member of someone high up in the front office of the Bobcats and that is the exact opposite of what I have been told. I also work for the Bobcats. But it only comes down to what MJ wants to do. And if he wants to create excitement in the city and around this team for once, he may just do it.

DU...not trying to get you to reveal your sources/compromise your employment situation, but can you give us a general overview of what you've heard? All these grains of salt are taking a serious toll on my blood pressure ;)

#20 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I really can't. That's about the most I can say. They have been VERY VERY strict about not saying a WORD. I wish I could say more, but everyone will find everything out soon enough. Don't stress out about it.

#21 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

HA!!! Stressed?!? Who...ME?!? Nah. Nah...I'm cool.

For real.

:startle: :phew: :phew: :phew:

P.S. - Cheers on the Magnetic Fields reference. Don't see that every day.

#22 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

Had the chance to chat with a front office guy for the Bobcats. He says all their research shows that getting the hornets name back won't be a profitable long term move.

He says once fans understand that its just the name they get back, not the history, they lose some interest. No Mugsy, Grandmama, Alonzo highlights. No team records. All that stays in Nola. It is still the Bobcats with a new name and a losing record.

Anyways, just a heads up, don't expect the name change.

I don't think there was a single question in the season ticket holder survey that asked about stats and how you feel about the name if you can't have the stats.

I'm not calling total BS but, I can't understand how they have come to that conclusion because it wasn't part of the survey.

I want the name back and couldn't care less about who is the all time assists leader in franchise history.

#23 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Zod always posts the truth.

:nonod:

I wish I still knew the smiley code

#24 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

The name has to change, one way or the other. This city is not going to embrace this team when it's named the "Bobcats". So face it, changing to the Hornets is way cheaper than a brand new name.

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I also figured the influence of people like Mayor Foxx, Dell, Muggsy, would at least have some impact on the final decision. Also, Steve Martin recently responded to some fans asking about the name change and his responses definitely leave the door open, if not infer, that it will happen.

#26 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,750 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

The performance is what counts, not the damn name.

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Doesn't surprise me and I'm fine with it.

A bunch of the research was gathered from current season ticket holders, not fringe fans that would only start going regularly once the team changed names. Really, what did any one expect? They asked current die hard Bobcat fans about the name change, not the group of people that want it to happen.

All ten of them?

#28 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

The Bobcats will be celebrating their 10th anniversary next year. And next season, the Hornets will no longer be in the NBA. End of an era, but the retro merchandise and memory will live on.

#29 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

I was originally for the name, but now I don't really care. I've bought so much Cats merchandise that it would almost be sad if they did go away from the name.

#30 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I also figured the influence of people like Mayor Foxx, Dell, Muggsy, would at least have some impact on the final decision. Also, Steve Martin recently responded to some fans asking about the name change and his responses definitely leave the door open, if not infer, that it will happen.

Exactly, Proudiddy. The amount of circumstantial evidence that's been piling up, coupled with the actions of the folk you just rattled off (as well as many others, many of whom had brushed the issue off prior to the past couple months) just seems like too much to ignore.

I hear "they're doing it! :D" and "they're not doing it :(" anecdotes from people on a daily basis. Literally...every, single, day. Most of them claim some unique, insider-insight. By no means am I attempting to denigrate or devalue Zod or Daddy Uncle (what a weird statement that is :D), but I just don't think anything that anyone says, with the exception of Michael himself, really amounts to much of anything at this point. Here's what we know: MJ saying 'NO' could've stopped this thing dead in it's tracks at any point in the last 3 years. But he just won't say it. Not only will he not say it, but he's letting the issue drag out. He's actually mentioning the Hornets brand BY NAME at this point. Pick any local/regional/national poll you want...it doesn't matter. The desire of the population at large is overwhelmingly clear. Mike knows this, and he knows we know this. It does him no good to show his hand at this point; there's still another team playing under the 'Hornets' banner. The odds of us hearing something before season's end were always slim, so he has no reason not play it as close to the vest as possible for the next couple months.

Obviously, I'm playing this from a 'glass-half full' angle, because of my stance in the whole thing. But this thread is the perfect example of my point...we have all the momentum, support, and passion in the world, but it all boils down to a 'he said/she said' thing until the man himself says something with some sense of finality. All that being said...I'd still be SHOCKED if they screwed this up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users