Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think Star may drop to us ?

17 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Will we catch a falling Star?

With Floyd rising and Star's medical condition it appears he could drop to us assuming there is nothing major wrong with his heart.His ability to play both NT and the 3 technique may be a good fit especially if we cut R edwards

Posted · Report post

It's certainly a possibility now. As long as his heart is ok, he would be FAR AND AWAY the best player for us from this draft.

Watching his youtube videos, the things that stand out most to me are 1) he is by far the quickest DT to fire off the snap I've ever seen. It's almost like he has ESP, and he's so big and stout which makes it all the more impressive. And 2) it's almost impossible to move him backwards with less than 3 blockers. I'm sure he won't be quite the immovable object in the pros that he was in college, but he holds his ground better than guys 50 lbs heavier than him. I don't think I've ever liked a prospect as much before the draft as I do Star in all the years I've followed the draft process.

Posted · Report post

Of course teams 5-13 who never thought they had a chance on him could be thinking the same thing

The rookie cap means rolling the dice on a player in the 1st is much more palatable

Posted · Report post

I have to believe someone before us will take a chance on him even with the heart issue. It's entirely possible it turns out to be nothing and he still goes top-5. I'd be surprised - though not shocked anymore - if he falls to us.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='JawnyBlaze' timestamp='1362054116' post='2147122']
It's certainly a possibility now. As long as his heart is ok, he would be FAR AND AWAY the best player for us from this draft.

Watching his youtube videos, the things that stand out most to me are 1) he is by far the quickest DT to fire off the snap I've ever seen. It's almost like he has ESP, and he's so big and stout which makes it all the more impressive. And 2) it's almost impossible to move him backwards with less than 3 blockers. I'm sure he won't be quite the immovable object in the pros that he was in college, but he holds his ground better than guys 50 lbs heavier than him. I don't think I've ever liked a prospect as much before the draft as I do Star in all the years I've followed the draft process.
[/quote]
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/bba02fe1a99f21ab76196a3c921b7cc6/tumblr_mev0ccsBOO1r0ftodo1_500.gif[/img]
Sounds good to me......

Posted · Report post

YES!!!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='bLACKpANTHER' timestamp='1362055259' post='2147137']

[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/bba02fe1a99f21ab76196a3c921b7cc6/tumblr_mev0ccsBOO1r0ftodo1_500.gif[/img]
Sounds good to me......
[/quote]

Damn Jenny!

Posted · Report post

I hope so I could see our defense being seriously solidified if you draft star, and slay in the first two rounds and then maybe a safety or receiver in the 4th

Posted · Report post

We'll see. If his heart condition gets checked out relatively soon and it was a false alarm, with a good pro day he could wind up back in his original area of the draft, i.e. getting taken before us.

Posted · Report post

Tennessee would probably take a chance on him before he could get to us

Posted · Report post

If his heart has an issue, then he is a 3rd rounder, if not, he won't be there

Posted · Report post

No, I wouldn't take him at 44. Much less with the 14th overall pick. That's if the heart issue doesn't check out. If he's given a clean bill of health then he's likely back up to being a top 10 pick and won't be there at 14.