#1 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Will we catch a falling Star?

With Floyd rising and Star's medical condition it appears he could drop to us assuming there is nothing major wrong with his heart.His ability to play both NT and the 3 technique may be a good fit especially if we cut R edwards

#2 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

It's certainly a possibility now. As long as his heart is ok, he would be FAR AND AWAY the best player for us from this draft.

Watching his youtube videos, the things that stand out most to me are 1) he is by far the quickest DT to fire off the snap I've ever seen. It's almost like he has ESP, and he's so big and stout which makes it all the more impressive. And 2) it's almost impossible to move him backwards with less than 3 blockers. I'm sure he won't be quite the immovable object in the pros that he was in college, but he holds his ground better than guys 50 lbs heavier than him. I don't think I've ever liked a prospect as much before the draft as I do Star in all the years I've followed the draft process.

#3 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,200 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Of course teams 5-13 who never thought they had a chance on him could be thinking the same thing

The rookie cap means rolling the dice on a player in the 1st is much more palatable

#4 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have to believe someone before us will take a chance on him even with the heart issue. It's entirely possible it turns out to be nothing and he still goes top-5. I'd be surprised - though not shocked anymore - if he falls to us.

#5 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

It's certainly a possibility now. As long as his heart is ok, he would be FAR AND AWAY the best player for us from this draft.

Watching his youtube videos, the things that stand out most to me are 1) he is by far the quickest DT to fire off the snap I've ever seen. It's almost like he has ESP, and he's so big and stout which makes it all the more impressive. And 2) it's almost impossible to move him backwards with less than 3 blockers. I'm sure he won't be quite the immovable object in the pros that he was in college, but he holds his ground better than guys 50 lbs heavier than him. I don't think I've ever liked a prospect as much before the draft as I do Star in all the years I've followed the draft process.

Posted Image
Sounds good to me......

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,102 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

YES!!!

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,102 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

Posted Image
Sounds good to me......

Damn Jenny!

#8 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

I hope so I could see our defense being seriously solidified if you draft star, and slay in the first two rounds and then maybe a safety or receiver in the 4th

#9 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

We'll see. If his heart condition gets checked out relatively soon and it was a false alarm, with a good pro day he could wind up back in his original area of the draft, i.e. getting taken before us.

#10 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Tennessee would probably take a chance on him before he could get to us

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

If his heart has an issue, then he is a 3rd rounder, if not, he won't be there

#12 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,329 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

No, I wouldn't take him at 44. Much less with the 14th overall pick. That's if the heart issue doesn't check out. If he's given a clean bill of health then he's likely back up to being a top 10 pick and won't be there at 14.

#13 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Too good to be true. We aren't the only ones who remember how highly thought of he was before his medical issues. I don't even want to get my hopes up on this one.

#14 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

I think he will prove to be either healthy or not. What I mean is I think he'll either go top ten, or not in the first round.

#15 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

I wouldn't touch him... if there is any doubt after his retest you just cant take that risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.