#31 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

lets see here your logic: rookie MLB wins RDPOY > 3 time probowler 2 time all pro MLB

And you don't think that there will be a discussion at all at MLB? Gtfo

Excuse me for having a memory that goes back further then last season.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Rivera already seems set with Luke at MLB.

From the day Kuechly was drafted, this was fairly inevitable, but the job of massaging Beason’s feelings (he clearly prefers playing the middle, and is better there) was one the Panthers were careful with.

But now, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he thinks when Beason returns (his recovery from knee surgery is on target, and he’ll have shoulder surgery soon), he’ll come back as an outside linebacker.

“When you look at the different skill sets, I think Jon’s got the skill sets to play inside and outside a little bit more than Luke does. Luke’s skill set lends more toward being an inside guy. So we’ll see,” Rivera said, via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer.

“It’s still a ways away. But I think we may have found something here. I think it’s one of those things that you do what’s going to be best for us.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/21/rivera-thinks-kuechlys-a-better-long-term-fit-in-middle/

#32 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 6,043 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Is Beason - Kuechly - Davis such a horrible thing? Jesus people chill.

#33 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,352 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

I love how fans want to reflect on the past with Jon, and even Deangelo. Sorry, but someones past isn't their present, Beason had knee surgery AND shoulder surgery, pile that on with a surgically repaired achilles. He will not be the same player he was, you can post all the workout videos you want, and highlight videos from the past but we're in the present.

#34 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Is Beason - Kuechly - Davis such a horrible thing? Jesus people chill.

At Beason's current cost? It ain't good.

#35 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 6,043 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

At Beason's current cost? It ain't good.

He will restructure.

#36 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

He will restructure.

Meh, needs to be paycut

#37 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,771 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

then you guys have a bad case of the new shiney.

I'm not saying it won't be Luke but there will be a discussion about it.

Nope, it's more of a case of just one of the simplest rules of the NFL that dictates you can lose your job to injury rearing its ugly head again.

Beason was an all pro personally, but the defense never looked as good with him playing MLB as it does with Luke. Plus he's been hurt the past two years with a major injury and it's kind of a big deal.

#38 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

You people really should be ashamed of yourselves. poo like this is why we're known for being an awful fan base. Jon Beason has done nothing but great things for this team yet you all have already turned on him like he's some scrub. Maybe he'll get cut and go to a team where fans actually appreciate their great players like Pittsburgh.

#39 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

You people really should be ashamed of yourselves. poo like this is why we're known for being an awful fan base. Jon Beason has done nothing but great things for this team yet you all have already turned on him like he's some scrub. Maybe he'll get cut and go to a team where fans actually appreciate their great players like Pittsburgh.

sometimes we as fans also get to caught up in being fans of players....

Beason has played 5 games in two years...he isn't going to be in old All Pro form for 2013 either most likely.

Simply a lot of money for very little back. Yeah, poo happens but if you are a Carolina fan more than a Beason fan....he needs to be adjusted

#40 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,466 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Luke is the Mike

End of story

Good luck to Beason even earning a spot on the field

Beason earning a spot is no question. Even a injured Beason is better than a healthy Anderson. Anderson probably was the worst contract on the team besides Beasons.

#41 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

sometimes we as fans also get to caught up in being fans of players....

Beason has played 5 games in two years...he isn't going to be in old All Pro form for 2013 either most likely.

Simply a lot of money for very little back. Yeah, poo happens but if you are a Carolina fan more than a Beason fan....he needs to be adjusted

I know that the guy hasn't been the same and I know that he needs to be restructured but some of the disrespect that people give him on here is just ridiculous. He was the best player on the Panthers for years and the undisputed leader of the team yet people act like he's some blip on the map training camp guy.

The same people did the same poo over Thomas Davis and now they're kissing his ass like they were massive fans of his all along, They're the same people who hate on Cam all the time. They're the same people who wanted Steve Smith traded in 2011. They're the same people who act like Jake Delhomme was worthless. They're shitty imature fans who I'm embarrassed to be associated with.

#42 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

I know that the guy hasn't been the same and I know that he needs to be restructured but some of the disrespect that people give him on here is just ridiculous. He was the best player on the Panthers for years and the undisputed leader of the team yet people act like he's some blip on the map training camp guy.

The same people did the same poo over Thomas Davis and now they're kissing his ass like they were massive fans of his all along, They're the same people who hate on Cam all the time. They're the same people who wanted Steve Smith traded in 2011. They're the same people who act like Jake Delhomme was worthless. They're shitty imature fans who I'm embarrassed to be associated with.

Realistically, we can't treat everyone like Thomas Davis when they get hurt.

NFL is a what have you done for me lately business. Teams are suppose to move on from guys.

And players are nowhere near as loyal in general to teams as most often implied. Business on both ends.

#43 mintal

mintal

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

I don't think anybody is arguing that Beason wasn't a great MLB. He's just not the best option for it at the present time all things considered. I'm sure he's as aware of that as anyone...

#44 mustangcat1

mustangcat1

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

I agree, Luke will be the Man until he gets hurt or a new super star is drafted and they will all change there tune. Some on here know very little about the game and are a joke.I,m out.

#45 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

...Pittsburgh is a meat grinder... Beas would have been gone after the achillis injury and no contract...reality is we have to get some production out of him for the money...I think he will come around this year because of his work ethic...we'll see... im rooting for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.