Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My case for drafting an LT if one of the top 3 slides to 14

38 posts in this topic

Posted

This is the best class of linemen in a long time.

We would be fools not to get a tackle out of this draft.

While one of the top three would be most desirable, there will also be some nice options in the 2nd round.

Would've been one of, if not the best if Matthews and Lewan had enter. Both Fisher and Johnson would be have in the late 1st or early 2nd.

Posted

Mayock said last night that Joeckle and Fisher are better today but Johnson has the highest ceiling of the three. OL improvement should be a priority.

OL should be a priority, but that OL is at RG. OT is a priority for the future once Gross is done. I'd grab a RG through FA and leave Gross and Bell at where they are. Grab an OT next year.

As much as some of y'all love Johnson, I can't see Get pulling the trigger on him. It's just not a need atm.

Posted

Would've been one of, if not the best if Matthews and Lewan had enter. Both Fisher and Johnson would be have in the late 1st or early 2nd.

I still think Fisher would be the second LT taken, but Johnson would be pushed a bit down the board for sure....

Posted

I still think Fisher would be the second LT taken, but Johnson would be pushed a bit down the board for sure....

Matthews and Fisher head to head for the no.2 spot

Posted

Just because Johnson could start at LT doesn't mean he will start at LT. Gross is still an above average LT in the league. It may serve Johnson well to play RT for 1 year before moving over to LT. We can't assume that a rookie (no matter how good of a prospect) will come in day 1 and supplant Jordan Gross. So in reality, drafting Johnson may in fact only improve 1 position, not 3. Bell is a horrible RG, and he said so himself.

Posted

It depends on who else is available at 14, but I do like Lane Johnson a lot and think it would be a very smart pick for us.

Posted

sure, but i still want RG addressed outside of our current roster.

Posted

Johnson is better that Fisher. I bet he gets taken by the Chargers if he even makes it that far

Posted

I like Johnson at 14. My top 5 for our pick is shaping up to be, in no particular order (yet)

Johnson

Patterson

Vacarro

Trufant

Lotuleilei

Posted

Johnson is better that Fisher. I bet he gets taken by the Chargers if he even makes it that far

No way. I disagree. Fisher is a much better LT. The kid isn't as athletic as Lane but is much more physical and nasty.

Johnson if there at SD, will be a Charger. All three OTs will be off the board after Chargers' pick.

Posted

I really like Fisher as a prospect.. Im warming up to Johnson, and would not mind if we drafted him. I feel like OT is not one of our biggest needs.. Johnson would be more of a preventative measure at this point. DT and safety are by far our biggest needs, imo, and CB could be there if we cut Gamble. I think we can get a decent OG prospect in the 4th round.

Posted

I like the train of thought!