Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBA 2013 Free Agents:: Big Men Edition

42 posts in this topic

Posted

No offense, but I can tell that you really don't know basketball... posting youtube highlight videos of an undersized center that averages 13/11 and provides no rim protection. He's also rated as one of the worst defensive bigs in basketball. You really think that we should sign him to a max contract? I surely hope that you are trolling.

No offense but you don't know poo about basketball.

1st he is only playing 5 because Aldrich can't do it. He is really a 4 on a team that has a 5.

2nd your the one who said we should give Mullens the Max deal (talking about bad Big defense) then back off when people clowned you.

3rd we are talking about a very young player coming into his prime who can score inside and out. Can rebound (something we need badly) and is a perfect PF for today's NBA.

4th WE would be lucky as hell if we can get him and the only way we have a chance is to give him more money then any other team.

Posted

Obviously he could help us, but not at a max contract lol.

JJ is putting up 13.3 pts per game and 10.7 rebounds a game on a team where he's playing out of position and is not the focus of the offense.

On this team (where he would be the only post threat) he would be putting up 20 points and double digit rebounds. And you don't think that's worth a max deal?? Please

Posted

No offense but you don't know poo about basketball.

1st he is only playing 5 because Aldrich can't do it. He is really a 4 on a team that has a 5.

2nd your the one who said we should give Mullens the Max deal (talking about bad Big defense) then back off when people clowned you.

3rd we are talking about a very young player coming into his prime who can score inside and out. Can rebound (something we need badly) and is a perfect PF for today's NBA.

4th WE would be lucky as hell if we can get him and the only way we have a chance is to give him more money then any other team.

Are you really that dumb? lol

Posted

Are you really that dumb? lol

I'm asking you the same question.

Posted

I would probably give Mullens a max deal as well.

NO Just kidding or anything like that after you typed this stupid poo.

But even if you did it to act like Mullens and Hickson are in the same category of player.

That's even stupider then saying I would give Mullens a Max contract.

Mullens couldn't lick Hickson Jock strap.

Posted

Hickson is not worth a max deal. Neither is Pek or Jefferson. Handing out max deals to players of their caliber is exactly what gets you stuck on the treadmill.

Hickson is a nice rotation player but nothing more. On a great team, he is either coming off the bench or is the 4th or 5th scoring option. Bringing him here and forcing him to be a 1st or 2nd option is not going to help anybody.

Posted

Haha JJ Hickson. Max players arent given away in trades while still on their rookie contract. If he coudnt cut it on the Cavs with all their dominant post players, I dont think he is a 20-10 player.

Also, being a 20-10 player shouldnt make you a max player necessarily, look at David Lee. If I had to guess, I would say Hickson gets around $8-9 mil per season this summer

Posted

Hickson would be a great addition to the Bobcats. No not a max contract but the Bobcats will have to offer up an inflated contract to attract guys here.

Of the guys I think he is the best option and playing the 4 he would be an 18-10 guy here with efficient shooting..not the Mullins offensive explosion of 30% shooting from the outside.

I think they have to pass on the the Utah gs this season..just bc there is cap room Id like to time it for a no question Max guy if possible..just like with everthing this franchise the timeing of cap room with free agency is poor.

Posted

With the new CBA, cap space is much more valuable. You don't have to use it to sign FAs. We could take on bad contracts for other assets (young players or draft picks).

Posted

Haha JJ Hickson. Max players arent given away in trades while still on their rookie contract. If he coudnt cut it on the Cavs with all their dominant post players, I dont think he is a 20-10 player.

Also, being a 20-10 player shouldnt make you a max player necessarily, look at David Lee. If I had to guess, I would say Hickson gets around $8-9 mil per season this summer

When has a 20-10 guy not been a Max player? Again we are talking about a 24 year old that instantly upgrades this team in the post. I'm sorry to inform you we will have to overpay for somebody because how bad we are. That is the only way we will get proven talent to come here.

Posted

When has a 20-10 guy not been a Max player? Again we are talking about a 24 year old that instantly upgrades this team in the post. I'm sorry to inform you we will have to overpay for somebody because how bad we are. That is the only way we will get proven talent to come here.

Really, your attention span is so short you couldnt finish reading that sentence?

David Lee is the answer to your question. He is also better than JJ Hickson (JJ Hickson is also nowhere near a 20 ppg type player, but thats a different discussion). He is also does not deserve to be a max player because his defense is also garbage.

I have no problem overpaying a free agent to come here. I do have a problem giving JJ Hickson a max contract, mainly because you are bidding against yourself if you pay him that kind of money. He is a decent NBA big man who should land a nice contract and starting spot this summer, but he wont get close to the max. I would be shocked if he gets more than Mcgee did last year

Posted

NO Just kidding or anything like that after you typed this stupid poo.

But even if you did it to act like Mullens and Hickson are in the same category of player.

That's even stupider then saying I would give Mullens a Max contract.

Mullens couldn't lick Hickson Jock strap.

I've said in multiple threads that Mullens is one of the worst bigs in the NBA.. YUP IM SERIOUS ABOUT GIVING HIM A MAX!!!!! lol (sarcasm since you have a REALLY tough time grasping it)

Anyways, as everyone else is saying -- Hickson is NOT a max contract player. He is a nice rotational big on a very good team or a starter on a fringe playoff team. He just isn't worth that type of money and I legitimately think that you might be the only person in the world that thinks that. I haven't really looked at some of the better analysts predictions of where free agents will wind up, but I can pretty much guarantee you that no one thinks that Hickson will get close to a max contract. If you feel that we will have to overpay him to acquire his talents, well, that's another story. We very well may have to overpay him, but overpaying him would be offering something like 4/40, because most of his offers will be in the 3/24 or 4/30 range in my opinion. Teams are becoming more savvy these days in advanced metrics and JJ Hickson's advanced metrics aren't very good... really his defense is just AWFUL at either the 4 or the 5... I'm talking Mullens bad.