Photo
- - - - -

NFL sirius just reported that the 49ers are not going to pursue Revis at the present time.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,105 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I don't know who tweeted them, but the latest is that San Fran is not interested in pursuing Revis at this time. They may have tried to work it out and but got nowhere which is why they traded Smith to KC instead of trying to trade him and perhaps another pick to the Jets for Revis.

#2 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

That's a mystifying choice, as secondary is clearly the weak link of that team. Harvin or trading up for some CB or S has to be in the cards in the draft for them...

#3 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

Because he wants to be a panthurz babee!! 1! 1!! 1!

#4 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

drc, aso and gamble (among others) will probably all be on the market... why get screwed for picks when you don't need to?

#5 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,516 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Trade down with SF for both their 2nd rounders. Have possession of 34, 44, and 61.

(Reid, Rogers, Jesse)

#6 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Revis is more trouble than he's worth. Coming off an ACL he's in no position to holdout and the Jets being tight against the cap with a lame duck QB are in no position to demand a 1st or multiple 1st's for a guy with a year left on his contract. I'm sure the Patriots would be happy to take Revis off their hands though. ;)

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Trade down with SF for both their 2nd rounders. Have possession of 34, 44, and 61.

(Reid, Rogers, Jesse)

Trading down for their 1st and #34 would be a lot more realistic. I wouldn't be happy with their two 2nds for our 1st. Our 1st for their 1st and #34 would be 60 points in their favor, so we could probably toss in our 4th or 5th to even it out. I'd be very happy with our 1st and 4th or 5th for their 1st and #34.

#8 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,237 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

I've been to Revis Island...

It's an expensive trip filled with utter disappointment and regret -- followed by an intense case of a broken nose by the indigenous Smitty native.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,516 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Trading down for their 1st and #34 would be a lot more realistic. I wouldn't be happy with their two 2nds for our 1st. Our 1st for their 1st and #34 would be 60 points in their favor, so we could probably toss in our 4th or 5th to even it out. I'd be very happy with our 1st and 4th or 5th for their 1st and #34.

True. I'd be happy if we get 3picks in the first 2rds. Or even in the first 3rds.

#10 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

This matters b/c we are a team that can afford him. And I'm a bad poster.

#11 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

It would take a half a draft to acquire him and there's no promise he'll ever be what he was. I just don't know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.