Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama admin. Urges Supreme Court to Overturn Cali Gay Marriage Ban

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Our government is not run by ONE person. We do/did have a system of government. It is why we have elections. Just because one guy wants something(which is also a change from how he began), it does not mean he gets it if the voters, legislature, courts and all are not with him.

Sorry to say, but lip service is all he can give, unless......

Yes, Obama is the only person who supports gay marriage.

Guess what? I dont think civil rights should be subject to a vote by voters, legislators, or courts. Its embarrassing that we are still having this discussion, but I suppose we will just have to wait until some more stubborn old people die before we can get on the right side of history.

Again- I'm not defending Obama on this one. He should be going through all possible channels to change these laws, but so far he is just suggesting things

Posted

Was not specific to the gay marriage issue, but the way he has tried to govern without Congress, without budgets, etc.

Posted

It's sad that this is even an issue anymore.

Posted

Please explain how Obama has tried to "govern without congress". He hasn't done anything that it outside the normal powers of the office of president. It's fine you don't like him and all but at least step outside your bubble and come back to the real world

Posted

This move is what's going to save California finacially. Wait its not? Oh my bad.