Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith picks Sheldon Richardson?.......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#25 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

What I am saying, and I guess not very well, is that this draft is top heavy. And from where we pick, at 14, we may have to get lucky to get that first day starting DT with playmaking ability. DE has more playmakers than DT. WR has more playmakers than DT. LT is a wash. We are in the gray area. The only way we are getting a top talent player is if he falls.

There is plenty of talent this year. But once you get out of the top 8-9 it levels off quickly. I guess because there are precious few stars this year. It makes the class, as a whole, somehow look less appealling.

I just happen to want a first day playmaker with my first two picks. And I don't see that type player coming from the DT class this year.

#26 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

If we draft Sheldon Richardson, I will punch a baby..But I felt the same way about Luke at this time last year, I was a Coples can be a great 3 tech guy...I am a dumb bastard

#27 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

I honestly think that Star (newly possible at our pick) or Hankins (likely available when we pick) are almost guaranteed to come in and start for us right away and make a BIG impact. I think to a lesser extent the same possibility exists with Richardson or J. Williams and to an even lesser extent it's possible Floyd, B. Williams or S. Williams would start for us right away and make an impact. The last three I'd consider in the 2nd if we didn't take a DT in the 1st (yea I know Floyd will probably be gone, but I wouldn't consider him in the 1st if I were GM...)

#28 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

What I am saying, and I guess not very well, is that this draft is top heavy. And from where we pick, at 14, we may have to get lucky to get that first day starting DT with playmaking ability. DE has more playmakers than DT. WR has more playmakers than DT. LT is a wash. We are in the gray area. The only way we are getting a top talent player is if he falls.

There is plenty of talent this year. But once you get out of the top 8-9 it levels off quickly. I guess because there are precious few stars this year. It makes the class, as a whole, somehow look less appealling.

I just happen to want a first day playmaker with my first two picks. And I don't see that type player coming from the DT class this year.

In most rankings there are 3 DT rated higher then any WR. And There are 6-7 that could go in the 1st round with only 3 WR rated to do that.

What are you talking about?

#29 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well, from most of the things that I am reading, the perceived difference between Floyd, Lotulelei and Richardson may not be that great, ad I have read that they all may be exceptionally talented, especially in a 4-3 set. There are several opinion pieces that praise all of these guys, and, more importantly, many that basically say that it will be hard to tell which one is going to be the best. But, everything that I have read believes that the three are excellent prospects who have a good chance of making an immediate impact.

#30 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

In most rankings there are 3 DT rated higher then any WR. And There are 6-7 that could go in the 1st round with only 3 WR rated to do that.

What are you talking about?

I thought I was talking about our pick at 14. We are in no mans land. We are on the outside looking in where it comes to DT. I don't feel we are in a position to draft potential, we have to go BPA, and I don't believe there will be one there when we pick.

Hell, to be honest. I am worried about the pick. We have to get playmakers and I am not convinced we are going to get lucky on this. I just don't see it. I wish I was more confident, but I can't shake this draft tree and see a gem falling to us.

Talent, yes. Elite talent? Not so much.

#31 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

I honestly think that Star (newly possible at our pick) or Hankins (likely available when we pick) are almost guaranteed to come in and start for us right away and make a BIG impact. I think to a lesser extent the same possibility exists with Richardson or J. Williams and to an even lesser extent it's possible Floyd, B. Williams or S. Williams would start for us right away and make an impact. The last three I'd consider in the 2nd if we didn't take a DT in the 1st (yea I know Floyd will probably be gone, but I wouldn't consider him in the 1st if I were GM...)

Real talk...we need a guy that is a run defender first...Star, Hankins I guess I could roll with.

#32 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

Now I thought Star was a top ten pick? So I always left him off the list. Hankins, to me, is one of those potential picks. I am not a fan of those type picks in the first round. So he was not on my list either.

Also, I think we will get a talented player with both our first two picks. I just think the caliber of that player may not match the magnitude of that pick in the first round. We need to hit a homerun. And there are precious few of those.

#33 Rags

Rags

help

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

If you heard the rest of the interview you would understand what he was talking about.

Somebody called the radio show and was dogging Lafell (like some of you do here) . Steve said the WR's corp wasn't the reason for the slow start on offense. He said Chud was calling plays like he had last years Oline. He said he lafell Olsen and Murphy would be running wide open but the Oline couldn't block for the play and Cam would be in survival mode. He felt like their was a disconnect from Chud and the roster. He also said that Gross had a lot on his shoulder trying to cover up for Amini who was swimming at the beginning of the year. Smith didn't understand why people were talking down on Gross.

Nobody is saying our l-line doesn't need help.

But we need WR help and that's a given.

Cardinls have a worse olien than ours yet 3 WRs with over 500 yards.

But yeah, I'd be down as hell with a Sheldon Richardson pick at 14. Dude's gonna be a monster.

#34 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Nobody is saying our l-line doesn't need help.

But we need WR help and that's a given.

Cardinls have a worse olien than ours yet 3 WRs with over 500 yards.

But yeah, I'd be down as hell with a Sheldon Richardson pick at 14. Dude's gonna be a monster.

1. Dude we don't run the same offense as Zona.

2. We had 3 guys over 500 yards receiving Lafell, Olsen, Smith.

#35 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Now I thought Star was a top ten pick? So I always left him off the list. Hankins, to me, is one of those potential picks. I am not a fan of those type picks in the first round. So he was not on my list either.

Also, I think we will get a talented player with both our first two picks. I just think the caliber of that player may not match the magnitude of that pick in the first round. We need to hit a homerun. And there are precious few of those.

The heart problem scare could make him fall. From what I've heard it made Alexander fall from a potential second round pick to the 4th where we got him. Hopefully what happened with Star is just a false alarm too, but it could still make him fall. Probably not 2 full rounds like Alexander, but maybe just enough for us to get him.

#36 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

Floyd will be the first DT off the board. His combine num bers were ridiculous and it cemented his place in the top 10 particularly as an undertackle. He is explosive, quick and agile. He will definitely not be there at 14, Plus with the depth of the DT class, we will not be moving up to get anybody.