111 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Canada is a racial melting pot and yes we have our stereotypes and our race issues...but I think because we are so much more blended for such a long time...we don't have the same race issues. Just my opinion of course.

So much more blended? Your largest minority are Indians at 4%.

Your "just don't talk about it" solution works fine when this is your major ethnic group.

#17 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

umm...thats my point...4% Indians...but quite a few others that are small percentages that add up. Big populations of Asians, East Indians, Europeans....we aren't 30/30/30 other like the US

#18 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

While I like this idea. I fear there would just be a shift to regionalism or something. Humans love to hate each other.

#19 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

sounds like they are gonna create new mixes to hate. The african-mexicans will despise the oriental-caucasians. but not as much as the cuban-muslims hate the haitian-guatemalans. or they puerto-africans. It's gonna be hard to keep up but I am sure we will all find a way to hate one another.

#20 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sure there will always be hate in this world. Yet most of us can come together. The ones who hate, it's enough for them to be exposed for their hate.

#21 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

So much more blended? Your largest minority are Indians at 4%.

Your "just don't talk about it" solution works fine when this is your major ethnic group.

was hoping for a moose pic.

#22 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

When I was a student at ECU, my room mate and I really enjoyed this hole in the wall place called "Kat's Kitchen."

It was in downtown Greenville across from the public library. This place was incredible. It was country, southern food that tasted like something your Grandma would make on a Sunday afternoon after church. It was fairly inexpensive for a habitually broke college kid, too. The cooks and staff were all African American.

I've eaten there maybe 30 times and I'm not saying that white people did not eat there, but we were almost always the only white people in there and certainly were the youngest.

Sweet tea was .25 a refill.

We went there once with a black friend of ours and he wasn't charged for a refill. My room mate and I were charged for each and every time we wanted our solo cup of sweet tea refilled.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,457 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

When I was a student at ECU, my room mate and I really enjoyed this hole in the wall place called "Kat's Kitchen."

It was in downtown Greenville across from the public library. This place was incredible. It was country, southern food that tasted like something your Grandma would make on a Sunday afternoon after church. It was fairly inexpensive for a habitually broke college kid, too. The cooks and staff were all African American.

I've eaten there maybe 30 times and I'm not saying that white people did not eat there, but we were almost always the only white people in there and certainly were the youngest.

We went there once with a black friend of ours and he wasn't charged for a refill. My room mate and I were charged for each and every time we wanted our solo cup of sweet tea refilled.

It happens.
Did it bother you?

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,241 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

MrTouchdown that is an unfathomable injustice. We are all here for you.

Seriously though, that made me lol.

#25 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

and now you know how james byrd felt

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

It happens.
Did it bother you?

I mean this happened like 5 years ago and I still remember it.

It didn't bug me at the time and doesn't bug me now, it's just one of those things that happens and your just like damnn.....

White people are persecuted and discriminated against too. I shouldn't be held responsible because some inbred, ignorant white trash hick in Mississippi said the "N word" on the discovery channel.

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

You shoulda paid them a dollar a refill just to f*ck with them.

#28 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,241 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

White people are persecuted and discriminated against too. I shouldn't be held responsible because some inbred, ignorant white trash hick in Mississippi said the "N word" on the discovery channel.

Whoa. Please tell me you aren't serious.

#29 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Whoa. Please tell me you aren't serious.

White people can't be discriminated against or be victims of racism?

please tell me you aren't serious.

#30 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

White people are persecuted and discriminated against too.

welp i said it three times and tapped my heels together and as far as i can tell i haven't been transported to whatever alternate reality this dude lives in so idk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.