I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

-this poster has the approval of Kurb

Where did I say I approve of anyone ?

I was talking about his post. Period.

You continue to try and label people and subsequently fail...massively.

I'm sorry you think all black people eat at Apple-bee's and Red Lobster, that said you really shouldn't stereotype a race like that...at least that's what you are implying in your opinion of MR.TD's posts.

You come in these threads and do your little dance and every time you fall on your face. I would say I am sorry that you don't like how the forums are moderated, but I don't really care what you think. Especially when I judge you by your persistent ignorant opinions.

Funny for as much as you pretend to be appalled at this "ignoring of racism" by the Admins you continue to be one of our more active members.

I think you just need something to cry about.

#47 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm not the one that said that black people only eat at red lobster or applebee's

notice how it was in quotations

#48 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

maybe I should get some kurb quotes

like the one about "positive" racism and how not all of it is necessarily bad

#49 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

maybe I should get some kurb quotes

like the one about "positive" racism and how not all of it is necessarily bad

Feel free.

I have no doubt you will not or refuse to understand my intention in whatever you dig up. Please include a link to each thread so we can discuss the context as well.

Also, opinions can change, so understand how I felt about something months weeks or even days ago might be different today.

#50 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm not the one that said that black people only eat at red lobster or applebee's

notice how it was in quotations

No but you assumed that is what he meant. Thus, a stereotype was already in your head. Either of him orblack folks or both.

#51 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

No but you assumed that is what he meant. Thus, a stereotype was already in your head. Either of him orblack folks or both.

I knew what he was talking about because I'm not a fuging retard. His disappearing act after being confronted (and ITT probably) eliminates any doubt.

ps- not calling you, personally, a retard since doing so would be an major assumption on your part

#52 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Does stereotype = racism ?

Nope.

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. They are commonly found.

Prejudging people based on stereotypes assuming all people of a certain group belong in that stereotype can be racist or prejudiced. .

That's how I try to go about it as well.
I think we can laugh at Stereotypes and should fight blatant racism.

But the feeling I am getting around this subforum lately, that if I say "Black people love watermelon, chick, can dance, are good runners" I am a Clan member.
Those things are stereotypes.
Just like Mexicans in a car, White people can dance/jump/rap. Asians are good at math, ETC.

Big difference in that and saying "I don't like n***ers b/c they are n***ers and as such don't work hard.

basically we should all rally together and be casual racists to fight against the "real" racism

feel free to provide context

#53 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

I knew what he was talking about because I'm not a fuging retard. His disappearing act after being confronted (and ITT probably) eliminates any doubt.

ps- not calling you, personally, a retard since doing so would be an major assumption on your part

So you assumed. Good that could be cleared up.

basically we should all rally together and be casual racists to fight against the "real" racism

feel free to provide context

I think the issue is as I was afraid it would be.
You simply don't understand or are unwilling to understand any point or opinion that is different from your own.

Above is an exchange between Me and Zod. Where I was speaking (posting) on the differences in Stereotypes and Racism.

First this:

Definition of RACISM

: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

: racial prejudice or discrimination

and this

ster•e•o•typeˈstɛr i əˌtaɪp, ˈstɪər-(n.; v.)-typed, -typ•ing.

• (n.)a process for making printing plates by taking a mold of composed type and casting type metal from the mold. a plate made in this manner.
    Category: Printing

• an idea, expression, etc., lacking in originality or inventiveness; convention.
    Category: Sociology

• a simplified and standardized conception or image of a person, group, etc., held in common by members of a group:
    the stereotypes that society has of the mentally ill.

Now, an important question here is do you understand the differences in these two things ? If not we are best to stop this exchange now and understand we can not communicate on the same level as this subject.

If you do then you can understand what I am talking about in those posts.

Do you think this is funny ?

If you do, then you can understand what I am talking about.
In that clip, minus the fugtard giggling the whole time, we see TONS of stereotypes being made fun of...laughed at.

Making fun of the Old Black Man Stereotype through voice.
Making fun of the Deep South Racist Stereotype.
Making fun of the Uptight White Reporter Stereotype.
and on and on.

Stereotypes exist because on some level they have a fraction of truth. Some more than others.
If friends of mine (black or white or whatever) started up on how I can't play basketball, jump, dance, etc because I am white I would likely laugh at such. Generally speaking as long as it is good nature'd I would laugh at most anyone joking around with me in that fashion.

There is a significant difference in that and say "I won't hire whites at my business because they are white" or even charging one race more than another or comping one race over another.

Does this clear this up?

Or do you have some questions?

#54 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

racial stereotypes are racist, that was already well established

i think it's funny that you would post a chapelle skit. you know why he quit right? you should probably google that.

hint: he realized that he was just perpetuating a much greater problem. in other words, casual racism is not a "positive" thing, believe it or not.

#55 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hummm I need to finish the second youtube.

At 730ish in the first he speaks on racism and that it should be discussed and "maybe" he went to far.
Seems I'm not the only one that needs to do some Google'ing.

I notice you put positive in "marks". I'm missing where I said it was a positive thing.
Something that is silly perhaps, but positive, yeah I am missing that.

*removed inflammatory comment*

#56 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,762 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm watching the second part (oprah one) right now because I wanted to hear it again

he mentions that race pixie skit as the final straw. he didn't like the way that guy was laughing at him and not with him. i loved that show and I know exactly what he means. some people "get" that type of humor. then there's racist assholes that take it the wrong way. oprah brought up a similar anecdote when she spoke of a similar situation that didn't expose racism, it merely empowered the racists. I know exactly what they're talking about. he became part of the problem and it felt like the the bad far far far outweighed the good he was doing.

depressing stuff

#57 The_Light_Brigade

The_Light_Brigade

Theirs but to do and die:

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationCaddyshack

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

I was at Burger King in the drive thru one day and two younger black gentlemen got out of a vehicle and walked toward the door. They had to pass in front of my car to get to said door. I just happened to lock my doors after I had dropped some change out the window handing it to the cashier. Right when I locked the doors the black gentlemen stopped and looked at the car, I immediately laughed uncontrollably and they did the same.

#58 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Then you are racist.

oh wow this is rich let's just take a look at this here

i truly do not give a poo that a white person had to pay a quarter for a refill. call it the price of privilege.

totally racism

however "black people love watermelon and you know how those mexicans can pile into a car" is totally not racist

basically the only overtly racist thing to be posted in this thread was your lamentation that white people can't stereotype minorities without being called (correctly) a racist (and maybe mrtouchdown's whining about how hard it is as a christian white male)

#59 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

I'm watching the second part (oprah one) right now because I wanted to hear it again

he mentions that race pixie skit as the final straw. he didn't like the way that guy was laughing at him and not with him. i loved that show and I know exactly what he means. some people "get" that type of humor. then there's racist assholes that take it the wrong way. oprah brought up a similar anecdote when she spoke of a similar situation that didn't expose racism, it merely empowered the racists. I know exactly what they're talking about. he became part of the problem and it felt like the the bad far far far outweighed the good he was doing.

depressing stuff

it's not just chappelle either. i've seen several card carrying republicans here on this very forum posting clips from the boondocks, COMPLETELY missing the point, as if aaron mcgruder is an ally in their fight against progress

#60 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,719 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

welp im done with the tinderbox for a while

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com