Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norris mocks Cyprien to us.

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote]14. Panthers - S Johnathan Cyprien, FIU

By the time mid-March rolls around, I expect Cyprien to be a unanimous first-round projection. Sure, some will complain he is listed before Kenny Vaccaro and Matt Elam, but the FIU product has a real chance to be the best of the bunch. Reports surfaced after last year’s draft that the Panthers thought highly of Mark Barron, and although a new GM is in place, safety is one of the positions in need of an upgrade.[/quote]

http://www.rotoworld.com/slide/cfb/288/MockDraft

It's definitely interesting, to say the least.

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't take before Vaccaro. Cypriens bigger but Vaccarros quicker and a superior coverage man, and that's what counts in a Safety.

Posted · Report post

I've never heard of him, but I'll take him because his name sounds cool.

#Uncle Magic

Posted · Report post

Haven't even seen this guy listed as a first rounder anywhere else. I think he likes to take shots in the dark every year.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Growl' timestamp='1362099849' post='2147970']
Wouldn't take before Vaccaro. Cypriens bigger but Vaccarros quicker and a superior coverage man, and that's what counts in a Safety.
[/quote]

Show me where Vaccaro is superior to Cyprien in that department. Kenny was burned by no-names and freshmen this last season. Vaccaro isn't even a true centerfielder. As a safety, you also have to have the ability to tackle -- Vaccaro takes bad angles constantly and can't make tackles in the open field.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

i remember scouts loving him at the senior bowl,and we talked to him that week.

[url="http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Tuesday.php"]http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Observations/Tuesday.php[/url]

Posted · Report post

I like Cyprien, but 14 is a bit high for him. If we were to draft a DB in the 1st I'd rather have Rhodes or Trufant.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='wwgd' timestamp='1362107260' post='2148091']
I like Cyprien, but 14 is a bit high for him. If we were to draft a DB in the 1st I'd rather have Rhodes or Trufant.
[/quote]

The 49ers, Patriots and Ravens are not skipping him. If The Panthers are truly interested in Cyprien, then they'll have to pick him up earlier.

He's a bigger playmaker than Rhodes, so I'd definitely take Cyprien over him.

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't mind Alford and Trufant while on the subject. We're gonna need a replacement for Gamble. There's always Hawthorne and Wolff too.

Posted · Report post

Puke!!!!!!! Fu(king idiot!
The kid is very good but he's a second rounder. I would've love it if he had mocked him to us at 44.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='carolina-chuck' timestamp='1362108754' post='2148117']
Puke!!!!!!! Fu(king idiot!
The kid is very good but he's a second rounder. I would've love it if he had mocked him to us at 44.
[/quote]

If Cyprien is a second rounder then Vaccaro is a third rounder.

Cyprien is already going late in the first round.