59 replies to this topic

#46 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

It's sad and depressing that Person is our team insider. I miss DGantt and Steve Reed.

#47 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

http://www.charlotte...own-to-one.html

#48 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

Not to spoil the jokes on Joe because i think it is pretty funny, but I hate to admit Joe Person is right this time. There was a small adjustment to the cap after final review of the NFL revenues. NFL revenues were higher than expected ( suprise surprise), which gave a small bump to the cap. The cap was expected to be 122 million it is now a smidge over 123 million. I believe 123.1 million to be exact. Due to the cap change the panthers of course are 9 million over the expected final cap instead of 10 million.

http://espn.go.com/n...ses-123-million

#49 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

Joe Person is a member of the huddle. His name is like Captain Obvious or something like

Shut your whoremouth!!!! I am not Joe Person you dildo.

#50 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

People ignore the fact that Edwards has been either injured or not very good. Dwan kept the interior of the line together, Ron was a liability.

#51 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Not to spoil the jokes on Joe because i think it is pretty funny, but I hate to admit Joe Person is right this time. There was a small adjustment to the cap after final review of the NFL revenues. NFL revenues were higher than expected ( suprise surprise), which gave a small bump to the cap. The cap was expected to be 122 million it is now a smidge over 123 million. I believe 123.1 million to be exact. Due to the cap change the panthers of course are 9 million over the expected final cap instead of 10 million.

http://espn.go.com/n...ses-123-million

nope. Somewhere along the line he was wrong. He claimed we are now 9mil over the cap with cap at 123mil. I quoted an article he wrote claiming we are 10mil over the cap with an expected 121mil cap. Somewhere his math is off.

Also Adam shelter just tweeted that we are 8 mil over and I trust him 1000 times more.

#52 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

@AdamSchefter: Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,697 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

People ignore the fact that Edwards has been either injured or not very good. Dwan kept the interior of the line together, Ron was a liability.

You are correct on only 1 of of the 3 assertions that you made:

1. Edwards has been injured a lot....check
2. Edwards in not very good....wrong. Edwards played very well when he was in there
3. Dwan kept the intertion of the line together.....wrong. Dwan was good against the pass....but was a BIG liability against the run

#54 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

I think this proves that Capt O is not Person. This post is well-thought, articulate, and demonstrative. It takes a positon and criticizes without fear or remorse. This could be Sorenson, but def. not Person.:)

#55 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

I was also under the impression that Dwan was terrible vs. the run, but he had 56 tackles, 50 of which were not sacks. In 14 games, that is nearly 4 tackles per game. Pretty good. His flaws would be less noticed with a stud NT.

I think Gettlemen wants pressure on the passer. Getting a six-sack, 56-tackle, veteran DT back is smart. I expect the contract to be a 1-year deal, but it could be for 2-3 years. I am also guessing that he will not demand more than $3m. per.

#56 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

I laughed out loud at this.

#57 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

You are correct on only 1 of of the 3 assertions that you made:

1. Edwards has been injured a lot....check
2. Edwards in not very good....wrong. Edwards played very well when he was in there
3. Dwan kept the intertion of the line together.....wrong. Dwan was good against the pass....but was a BIG liability against the run

I guess we can agree to disagree. I trout Dwan was good against the run and Ron seemed to be no better than Kearse and barely better than Fua. People here slam Fua, but he was actually pretty decent later in the year. Average DTs like Ron are a dime a dozen and I'm not losing sleep over an old, injury prone, average DT getting cut. That's my point. Dwan is far more important to our D than Ron.

#58 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,697 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

I guess we can agree to disagree. I trout Dwan was good against the run and Ron seemed to be no better than Kearse and barely better than Fua. People here slam Fua, but he was actually pretty decent later in the year. Average DTs like Ron are a dime a dozen and I'm not losing sleep over an old, injury prone, average DT getting cut. That's my point. Dwan is far more important to our D than Ron.

Ron is that big fat guy type of space eater. He is good at what he does. And, Kease is not quite as good as Ron was.

But, he is not a Major piece for this defense and I won't lose too much sleep if he is cut.

I do agree with you that Dwan should be kept.

#59 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Ron's had 14 tackles in two seasons at Carolina compared to Dwans 52 tackles in one year. Someone please tell me why we should be concerned about him being cut.

#60 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Ron is that big fat guy type of space eater. He is good at what he does. And, Kease is not quite as good as Ron was.

But, he is not a Major piece for this defense and I won't lose too much sleep if he is cut.

I do agree with you that Dwan should be kept.

I don't disagree, but big fat space eaters that don't tackle are a dime a dozen. I thought Ron was a weakness on our D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com