71 replies to this topic

#46 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

After Gamble and Ron being gutted, we'd be way down.

That'd put us about 7 million under if the current 2 million figure is to be believed.

#47 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,438 posts

Restrutures typically aren't examples of players "helping" out. It is generally giving a guy more guaranteed money upfront. Olsen's situation improved....he didn't take one for the team.

Right. They'll just end up counting against the cap the same or sometimes more in a later year. It's really just delaying the problem.

#48 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

"This move brings the Panthers down to approximately $124.6M against the cap, meaning they still have a little bit of work left to get down to the league mandated $123M cap by March 12th. We should expect GM Dave Gettleman to make a few more moves like this in the near future, as they are the best way to trim small parts of the cap off because they allow the Panthers to maintain their roster for next season."

We are only 2 million over.

how in the world are we 2 million over. adam shefter reported 8mil over this morning and joe person said 9 mil. im going with adam shefter so with this 2.4 mil savings we should be at 6.6mil. dont get it twisted, i hope im wrong and your right

#49 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'd say it's very obvious the team wants to keep their best CB. I don't understand the fascination with cutting Gamble. If he was so obvious a cut, then he would be cut already.

Agreed.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

That'd put us about 7 million under if the current 2 million figure is to be believed.

Hope it's true.
And restructuring Beason and Dwill will help a little to sign a guy or two (Kenny Phillips/Chung and RG).

#51 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,585 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Restrutures typically aren't examples of players "helping" out. It is generally giving a guy more guaranteed money upfront. Olsen's situation improved....he didn't take one for the team.

I understand restructuring better than most.
As for him helping out or not, that is your opinion. The fact is he helped towards the salary cap. He's not hurting for.money either way.

I understand you don't like me, as I constantly call out your bullshit.
If that means you feel the need to be more assholish than usual, that is your choice.

Most fans around here get it better than you.

#52 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,296 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

I'd say it's very obvious the team wants to keep their best CB. I don't understand the fascination with cutting Gamble. If he was so obvious a cut, then he would be cut already.

Gamble isn't a Gettleman's guy. And he's eating a lot of money while being injury proned.

#53 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

His restructure saved 2.4 million

#54 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • LocationKinston, NC

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

i agree but i also think we can find a good cb and dt/s in FA both for 7.9mil combine that will actually be on the field. i wouldnt be mad if we kept a "healthy' gamble though.

#55 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

I understand restructuring better than most.
As for him helping out or not, that is your opinion. The fact is he helped towards the salary cap. He's not hurting for.money either way.

I understand you don't like me, as I constantly call out your bullshit.
If that means you feel the need to be more assholish than usual, that is your choice.

Most fans around here get it better than you.

Um, I got no beef with anyone here. I am not like some who thinks differing opinions mean you wage some type of message board east coast west coast beef.

The restruture helps create cap room. That helps. Olsen didn't take one for the team.... his personal situation improved which is why he would do it.

What exactly...is the bullshit you just called though? What occured helps the cap...but Greg did it b/c they offered to sweeten his deal.

#56 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Gamble isn't a Gettleman's guy. And he's eating a lot of money while being injury proned.

Says who?? What is a Gettleman guy?

#57 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

And to be fair, Gamble was put on IR after it was fairly obvious our season was a wash. If we were .500 or better, bet he would have only been out a few weeks.

#58 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

interested to know how it helped, Olsen wasn't one of the guys considered overpaid

#59 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

how in the world are we 2 million over. adam shefter reported 8mil over this morning and joe person said 9 mil. im going with adam shefter so with this 2.4 mil savings we should be at 6.6mil. dont get it twisted, i hope im wrong and your right

the truth, nobody really fugging knows. just glad we dont have to deal with it

#60 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,645 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

interested to know how it helped, Olsen wasn't one of the guys considered overpaid

turn his salary or non guranteed money into guaranteed money...then it gets spread from a cap standpoint across the remainder of his contract (instead of this year)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com