Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

An example of Bill Polian's "genius"

37 posts in this topic

i said he had some, not none.

pay attention.

Polian picked a guy who's in the conversation for the greatest of all time at his position, but - outside of Ryan leaf apologists - most would call that pick a no-brainer.

The team he built around that guy became a perennial doormat for a team run by a sixth round pick surrounded by a bunch of role players.

Very easy to believe that Manning with a better team around him would have multiple rings by now.

1 person likes this

Look, that Colts roster deteriorated under him. He made some good picks at first but that roster was awful by the end. Like people said, that success was a product of Manning and without him it was one of the worst teams I've ever seen.

As for his time here, his first rounders were Kerry Collins, Tyrone Poole, Blake Brockemeyer, Tshimanga Biakabatuka, and Rae Carruth. He went 7-9 twice and 11-5 once. That's basically Hurney's resume with a worse first round record.

Good on him for fixing the Bills, but that just makes him a good GM, not one of the best ever.

all that needs to be said.

your opinion is skewed.

you're also basing an opinion without any knowledge of the man besides a few articles, which we both can agree have a possibility of being just as speculated about in their opinion as does your opinion which was simply formed from said articles..

I don't really care who Polian is or what he does from here on out, but let's be honest here.. I'll take a weird chance on someone who knows the man over articles and their potential bias any day. It's a neat insight if true and something different if not. At the end of the day who says that opinion is any more real than those articles..

fug Polian! Why are we even talking about him?

i said he had some, not none.

pay attention.

To you? Whatever on earth for?

Irsay is a crack pot.

He really is though..

I used to date his "mistress's" niece. She told me about how both he and her aunt was in and out of rehab for drug abuse. True poo, lol

Polian could still be here if Richardson's misplaced nepotism hadn't roadblocked his assent past GM. Interestingly, his nepotism in hiring his son led to his own demise in Indy.

...only thing missing from his resume is being a beat writer....

The team he built around that guy became a perennial doormat for a team run by a sixth round pick surrounded by a bunch of role players.

You are smarter than this....aren't you? Just say you don't think he's great, but this is just weak.

You are smarter than this....aren't you? Just say you don't think he's great, but this is just weak.

Who went to more Super Bowls between the Colts and the Patriots?