Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official: Ron Edwards Released

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SooSlow84' timestamp='1362164213' post='2148827']
Ah, I see what you're saying. So spotrac has us as under the cap. Wow.
[/quote]

Yep, that site is legit. They have already updated Olsen and Kalil's contracts as well. The stubborn on here refuse to listen but that site breaks it down as plain as possible. The only thing they have not done yet is updated Nakumara's contract which will make the situation even better.

Posted · Report post

Person says we are over 3.5 but i know its very arbitrary

Posted · Report post

Person is an idiot.

Posted · Report post

Stop with all the cut gamble nonsense. They want to keep him.

Posted · Report post

Sad when the best thing you can say about a player is that he was a great locker room presence, but he was a great locker room presence.

I'd be happy with him as a back-up at vet minimum if nobody else signs him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr. Scot' timestamp='1362163345' post='2148799']
If Person's math is right, I believe cutting Gamble would put us under the cap, though not by a huge amount.
[/quote]

And then with possible cuts/restructures of beason, d-will and gross and even Anderson (most likely restructures) it could give us a little spending room

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panther4life' timestamp='1362164894' post='2148840']
Yep, that site is legit. [/quote]

Except that they list Ron Rivera's salary in the numbers.

[url="http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/yearly/"]http://www.spotrac.c...anthers/yearly/[/url]

[url="http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/ron-rivera/"]http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/ron-rivera/[/url]

:startle:

Posted · Report post

Things are progressing smoothly so far with Gettleman at the helm. Expecting more cuts and restructures in the coming days-weeks.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jamos14' timestamp='1362165448' post='2148847']
Stop with all the cut gamble nonsense. They want to keep him.
[/quote]

I agree.

Posted · Report post

I don't think they are necessarily planning on keeping Gamble. If they keep him till after March 12th they can shop him. If we got something crazy like a third for him that would be a world of difference than just cutting him.

I don't think he makes the roster come kickoff.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SooSlow84' timestamp='1362167645' post='2148908']
I don't think they are necessarily planning on keeping Gamble. If they keep him till after March 12th they can shop him. If we got something crazy like a third for him that would be a world of difference than just cutting him.

I don't think he makes the roster come kickoff.
[/quote]

If we were to get a solid trade, we would part ways. Otherwise, what incentive do we have to create another BIG hole on our team? There aren't any good CBs out there that we can get for cheaper than Gamble. We can find other ways to clear some cap room than cutting one of our top players.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jamos14' timestamp='1362167884' post='2148914']

If we were to get a solid trade, we would part ways. Otherwise, what incentive do we have to create another BIG hole on our team? There aren't any good CBs out there that we can get for cheaper than Gamble. We can find other ways to clear some cap room than cutting one of our top players.
[/quote]

How about 7.8 million incentives? Gettlemen may have a CB in mind come draft or FA and Gamble has been injured quite a bit as of lately.

I'm not arguing he's not a good player or that it wouldn't create a hole, I'm just speculating on a possibility of why he could be taking so long when we all thought that would be one of the first cuts.