DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Please tell me you're fuging joking...

I watched the combine. I listened to Deion Sanders talk about this guy and his chance to redeem himself.

Did you forget he as a Heisman candidate as a Freshman? Janious Jenkins slide to the second round and he had far worse credentials than Mathieu. While it is a huge gamble the payoff will be even greater.

While you may disagree with me don't act like this guy has no skills and would not be a First round pick if he didn't screw up. He could/would probably be a top 5.

If we cut gamble we need a corner that is going to be better.

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

I watched the combine. I listened to Deion Sanders talk about this guy and his chance to redeem himself.

Did you forget he as a Heisman candidate as a Freshman? Janious Jenkins slide to the second round and he had far worse credentials than Mathieu. While it is a huge gamble the payoff will be even greater.

While you may disagree with me don't act like this guy has no skills and would not be a First round pick if he didn't screw up. He could/would probably be a top 5.

If we cut gamble we need a corner that is going to be better.

He absolutely would not be top five even with a clean record. He lacks elite long range speed, and he's 5'9". There isn't a team in the NFL that would draft a guy with that skill set top five, and to suggest so is foolish....

#19 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Anybody except QB, OG and LB.

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Mathieu is a legit playmaker, but even with a spotless background he'd have no chance at going top 5. He's a very talent NB and return guy.

I'd take him on Day 3.

#21 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

He absolutely would not be top five even with a clean record. He lacks elite long range speed, and he's 5'9". There isn't a team in the NFL that would draft a guy with that skill set top five, and to suggest so is foolish....

That is the dumbest comment I have ever heard. Darrell Green was 5' 8" Obviously you didn't watch the combine. This guy did really well.

Last time. Don't attempt to insult me cause you don't agree... GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

That is the dumbest comment I have ever heard. Darrell Green was 5' 8" Obviously you didn't watch the combine. This guy did really well.

Last time. Don't attempt to insult me cause you don't agree... GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darrell Green was the exception, he was also crazy fast.

#23 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

Why is everyone slobbering over Mathieu's combine? His bench press aside...he ran a 4.50. A good time, but not a time that stands out whatsoever. There are a ton of DBs that ran better than that and yet Mathieu is praised for his combine performance. Is this just considering he didn't play at all last year? Like people were pleasantly surprised that he was able to stay in shape or what? I honestly am baffled so hopefully someone can clear that up.

#24 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

yeah but most times when you say, OH BUT THIS GUY WAS ONLY 4'11 and played good, lol........................................................................your talking about a legend...you how many times a legend comes around.....not often or it wouldn't be special.

#25 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Why is everyone slobbering over Mathieu's combine? His bench press aside...he ran a 4.50. A good time, but not a time that stands out whatsoever. There are a ton of DBs that ran better than that and yet Mathieu is praised for his combine performance. Is this just considering he didn't play at all last year? Like people were pleasantly surprised that he was able to stay in shape or what? I honestly am baffled so hopefully someone can clear that up.

His shuttle times were good and his ball skills were really on display. He also showed great change of direction, hip fluidity and hands.

He's a very talented kid, but the lack of long speed, height in addition to the res flags are going to hurt him.

#26 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

His shuttle times were good and his ball skills were really on display. He also showed great change of direction, hip fluidity and hands.

He's a very talented kid, but the lack of long speed, height in addition to the res flags are going to hurt him.

What sold me was Deion Sanders said he is the real deal. He has the IT factor.

i seriously doubt he would attach his name to someone that would not stand up to the endorsement.

#27 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

If Mathieu is available in the 4th then sure, but not before then.

Posted Image

#28 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

So hostile when approached with logic and reason, and not just slobbering over your fav player. Sorry you don't agree, but Ty isn't a top five guy, not even close. No legend you bring up will change Mathieau's skillset.....

#29 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

I watched every second of the combine minus the LB workouts. While he did well in coverage drills, his 40 time was pretty average for a top five corner. More then that though, I watched enough LSU games to know Mathieau struggles in man to man coverage, which is why there is NO chance in hell he would go top five (character concerns or not). He's a 5'9 guy who has a knack for being around the ball, he lacks elite speed and coverage ability, those aren't the qualities of a top five draft pick at CB.....

#30 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,062 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

So hostile when approached with logic and reason, and not just slobbering over your fav player. Sorry you don't agree, but Ty isn't a top five guy, not even close. No legend you bring up will change Mathieau's skillset.....

OH I see since you are the noted authority on football no one else knows anything. The only reason his stock fell was because of the off the field issues. GFY on the slobbering comment.

You aren't even worth the extra effort to argue with. The guy might slide to the second round but regardless he will become a top corner in this league.

AND YES HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A TOP 5 to 10 but since he is a badboy we'll never know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.